Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how long it takes to get a purchase order after getting the VIN and scheduling the pickup? They want me to pickup on Wednesday... but I have no PO for my credit union. :confused:
I'm in the same boat. They sent me a text saying my delivery appointment is Thursday. I tried calling the Tempe delivery center and the 888 customer service number with no luck. Since the order date I've saved up a little more for a down payment and the payoff of my trade had gone up slightly as well. I'd like to let them know that but they are impossible to get a hold of.

I picked up my black/black m3p+ yesterday afternoon in Fremont. It was a really pleasant experience if not a little rushed. The place was extremely busy and we had to wait about fifteen minutes after our scheduled delivery time. That wasn’t a big deal as our two year old had a great time exploring the Model 3 and Model X in the showroom and my partner made herself some coffee.

The signing was extremely fast as as delivery of the car. I did a visual inspection as well as a frunk/trunk inspection and it all looked great! I’m actually very happy with the fit and finish of the car after reading some of the negative stories about how delivery can go. We transferred everything from the old car and were gone. The trade in was super easy and the whole process was really nice compared to the standard dealership process that can take hours and hours. The fifty minute drive back to Berkeley was way too short....

Reactions: JonApgar
This was a big problem for me, too. I literally had to *hound* them about it. Once I told them that I couldn't get them their money and would have to cancel the delivery date unless they got me a correct PA, they finally got the ball rolling. It took them five attempts before they finally delivered a correct PA to me, which I could then forward to my CU for financing.

When you do finally get a PA, make sure you look it over carefully. Make sure it is correct before you forward it to your credit union.
Thanks for the info! Good grief... I have never worked so hard for a car in my life, lol! o_O

Reactions: Phlier
This was a big problem for me, too. I literally had to *hound* them about it. Once I told them that I couldn't get them their money and would have to cancel the delivery date unless they got me a correct PA, they finally got the ball rolling. It took them five attempts before they finally delivered a correct PA to me, which I could then forward to my CU for financing.

When you do finally get a PA, make sure you look it over carefully. Make sure it is correct before you forward it to your credit union.
Who did you hound about it? I have called the Tempe delivery center at least 20 times this morning and cannot get an answer from any department. I'm getting to the point where I'm actually angry with them. I'd like to have everything in order before driving all the way out there.

Who did you hound about it? I have called the Tempe delivery center at least 20 times this morning and cannot get an answer from any department. I'm getting to the point where I'm actually angry with them. I'd like to have everything in order before driving all the way out there.
My Sales Advisor. If you've already scheduled your delivery date, they should have assigned you a Sales Advisor, and that SA should have at least texted you by now.

Wow, it seems that Tesla's delivery process has managed to get even worse than it was last month. : /

I'm in the same boat. They sent me a text saying my delivery appointment is Thursday. I tried calling the Tempe delivery center and the 888 customer service number with no luck. Since the order date I've saved up a little more for a down payment and the payoff of my trade had gone up slightly as well. I'd like to let them know that but they are impossible to get a hold of.

FYI, I think there is actually a human at the Tempe delivery center reading the responses to your texts. The delivery team called me yesterday and made reference to that.

I didn't get my MVPA until last night and my delivery is this afternoon. Last week I had no problem getting a hold of someone at the Tempe location, but yesterday it was impossible to get anyone via the 888 number.

My Sales Advisor. If you've already scheduled your delivery date, they should have assigned you a Sales Advisor, and that SA should have at least texted you by now.

Wow, it seems that Tesla's delivery process has managed to get even worse than it was last month. : /

I'm pretty sure a computer generated text is all I've gotten. They don't respond logically and ignore most replies.

FYI, I think there is actually a human at the Tempe delivery center reading the responses to your texts. The delivery team called me yesterday and made reference to that.

I didn't get my MVPA until last night and my delivery is this afternoon. Last week I had no problem getting a hold of someone at the Tempe location, but yesterday it was impossible to get anyone via the 888 number.
I think they do monitor it as well. After I texted that no one at the Tempe center answers their phone they responded that they are finalizing my trade then will send the contract. I hope they don't send it the night before. I need to leave town before the banks open to make it to my appointment on time. I'd rather pay when I get there incase the car is full of defects.
Call the toll free line in your Tesla account. That will get it moving

That just redirects the call back to the Tempe delivery center and a full voicemail box.

I thought I'd update this to let people know how it went. I took the car into the Rockville, MD SC this morning for a 10:15AM appointment to replace the rear bumper and passenger side wheel as they were both damaged upon delivery. I arrived a little early, at 10:00AM or so and they took the car in, no problem. I was out the door at about 11:20 with a brand new bumper installed, brand new wheel, and they also took care of an issue with the trim for me as well without argument. They're busy over there but they took care of the issue quickly and politely. They made it right.

I'm pretty sure a computer generated text is all I've gotten. They don't respond logically and ignore most replies.

I think they do monitor it as well. After I texted that no one at the Tempe center answers their phone they responded that they are finalizing my trade then will send the contract. I hope they don't send it the night before. I need to leave town before the banks open to make it to my appointment on time. I'd rather pay when I get there incase the car is full of defects.

That just redirects the call back to the Tempe delivery center and a full voicemail box.
I know. I got voicemail many times. I just dialed them through out the day until I got through. Just make sure it's office hours. I think I waited 30 mins once