Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know, right. Tesla strikes me like the company that has customer service and communication thing sorted out. /s

With current projected wait times, I would wait to resubmit. Not to mention resubmitting may result in higher price anyway. I'd give it some time...

Has anyone else had their 2 week estimate message go away? I now see "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

I ordered Performance, W/W FSD on 10/3

My two weeks went away as well. Maybe they finally decided putting two weeks all over the place isn't such a good idea.

My SA did get back with me about the price change and said that my order will be adjusted, so there's that!

But now I'm back to my original problem because of this ordeal. Making sure I'm happy with the wheel and car color combo.

Mine also removed 2 week estimation, order on 10/9. Price increase but not asking me for confirmation. Reason cant be due to wheels as all Model 3s got the price increase.

i really love the company and product but were really getting the ring around here. In any business, if you set an expectation you have to meet it and communicate it. Promising 2 weeks and it being 2 months is not cool. Altering a contract on the order price then changing it not cool.

Ordered my P3D white on black on 9/30th, no VIN yet. I notice mines had been changed to gray wheels too, also that 1k increase. I’m in the EastBay. My business partner ordered hers on the same day, but it’s a LR, she got her on the same week on 10/5th. Can’t wait to get mines, that gray wheels gonna look nice, but not happy on that 1k increase.

Holy crap those are awesome!!!! I hope it’s an automatic change. Notice there is no option for silver wheels now with the performance. Sent a message to my sa anyway to find out. Update***. So I logged into my order to change it as some of you have done and the old wheels are not even show on my order. It already shows the grey performance wheels!! Super excited about this update. Saves me from power coating.

I was thinking this too, but I remember powder coating my RS3 wheels and it came to about $850. If Tesla is charging us $1000 for the upgrade, you may be better off going with the chrome, save $150 and you can powder coat the wheels and actually have a choice in the color and finish?

AP

Holy crap those are awesome!!!! I hope it’s an automatic change. Notice there is no option for silver wheels now with the performance. Sent a message to my sa anyway to find out. Update***. So I logged into my order to change it as some of you have done and the old wheels are not even show on my order. It already shows the grey performance wheels!! Super excited about this update. Saves me from power coating.

I think its awesome too - However, I recall powder coating my RS3 wheels which cost about $850 along with a ceramic coating. It seems that it may be a better deal to get the chrome wheels and aftermarket powder coat them. Not only would you save $150 but you could both get the wheels ceramic coated AND choose both the color and finish. I may ask my sales rep if I can "downgrade" if this is the case...

AP

I e-mailed my SA this morning regarding the price/config change that happened automatically in my account.

I don't mind having either wheel, but would like to know if I can stick to the purchase price that I agreed to three weeks ago.

You can powder coat your silver 20" wheels for less around here and I could have saved that for when I could actually see my car to decide.

Not only powdercoat for less, but you'd have the option to choose a color and finish and get that ceramic coated to boot! I did this for $850 on my RS3.

AP.

Has anyone figured out if we still get gray wheels and originally agreed upon price in order agreement?

because the order agreement hasnt changed and does not say gray wheels. I figured somebody would have called by now to figure this out. If not, ill probably call when the dust settles on this in a week.

Has anyone figured out if we still get gray wheels and originally agreed upon price in order agreement?

because the order agreement hasnt changed and does not say gray wheels. I figured somebody would have called by now to figure this out. If not, ill probably call when the dust settles on this in a week.

I've talked to a few local sales advisers and online chatted with another adviser yesterday and today. Others have reported conversations as well, but there's mixed information - all which seems to be par for the course during these types of events as some of the veterans have chimed in and told us noobs to calm down.

Given my conversations with Tesla advisers today, and what the experienced folk around here have said, I feel pretty confident that if you ordered before the price increase, you will likely get gray wheels and your price should be locked in at the original value.

Like you said, we just need to let the dust settle a bit.

Reactions: MidnightPerfAZ