Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you know you have HW3?
Oh, I'm rather new here, I was under the impression that HW3 is a post-April build car that has FSD (or something like that). I guess that's incorrect?

Edit: I guess i just assumed it was a late production since I just got Saturday, but I really should check. Are any cars being delivered today built prior to April 12? A quick google search told me Elon claimed all cars built after that date with FSD should come with HW3. But you know how reliable the internet is...

Last edited:
I have a theory for those of us waiting on white/white P3D’s.
White and red are both hard for them to paint well, or so I have heard. Also the performance motor per EM “they pick the highest rated motors for the vehicle with double the burn-in process to make sure they can handle a higher output. “ ref. Electrek (Take a first look under the Tesla Model 3 Performance) 8/6/18
So my theory is they will only be produced at the end of the quarter.

Ordered April 26 as lease black model FSD SR+ asked delivery to be August 1st
Changed order May 5th to P3D red cash option with same delivery day August 1st
Called May 15th to change delivery ASAP because I would get the federal incentive $3750 and already waiting time is little long
no VIN yet, and my Tesla account not update yet to the red performance.

Guys, do you think I need to call again or should I wait?

Today my Tesla Account updated the Delivery date to June 5th, no VIN yet to apply for pre-approve loan.

BTW any one can recommended a low ARP auto loan