Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another day another delay. :'( The car has landed at my pickup location but they found the door needs to be readjusted. Looking at +2 days.

Ordered black/white P3D on 6/6
Delivery scheduled 6/22 to NJ
Got VIN 6/15
Rescheduled Delivery 6/24 (truck broke down??)
Rescheduled Delivery 6/25-26? (need to readjust door)

You are correct. Got a spontaneous text message out of the blue today saying my Model 3 delivery is tentatively scheduled for 6/29. Boom. Called the main Tesla delivery team and they confirmed the car is already en route. They’re clearly just churning cars out and delivering en masse, as my account hasn’t even caught up yet (no VIN or delivery date showing).
Yeah. I still don’t have a VIN on my acct, car is to be delivered tomorrow via 3rd party auto transport.

Reactions: daftskunk
Order mine on 6/14, black on black M3P.
Received notice on 6/22 the my car was in transit and delivery was ready to be scheduled.
Scheduled my delivery appointment for 6/27.

Was resigned to the fact that would miss the June cutoff, so hopefully all will go well and I'll be one of the lucky ones!

Mine was fast. Ordered 6/7. Delivered 6/13. Midnight gray/black
IK6fcPBuSTiKn++FWa+ckw.jpg
xYhNcq5VSn2yhNHINammmw.jpg

Reactions: WilliamG
No call and no car on my scheduled home delivery day...and no response to calls and emails.
Sounds very on brand for Tesla. My ISA ghosted me for the last 8 days, and I've had to resort to calling the general Tesla number and speaking to random delivery advisors since then to finalize financing. The vehicle is now fully paid for, and the Austin delivery center said it will now make its way from CA to TX and there's no guarantee it'll arrive in time for Saturday, let alone able to be pulled in. I'm pretty sure it already left CA a few days ago, as the advisor on Saturday confirmed it had.

Sounds very on brand for Tesla. My ISA ghosted me for the last 8 days, and I've had to resort to calling the general Tesla number and speaking to random delivery advisors since then to finalize financing. The vehicle is now fully paid for, and the Austin delivery center said it will now make its way from CA to TX and there's no guarantee it'll arrive in time for Saturday, let alone able to be pulled in. I'm pretty sure it already left CA a few days ago, as the advisor on Saturday confirmed it had.
Yeah. It’s a bit disheartening. BMW worships you, Tesla treats you like....trash might be too strong of a word....maybe a bother?

I hope yours comes on time. I also have resorted to calling random Tesla reps for 1/2 answers. It took mine 2 or 3 days to arrive from CA. (They promised to let me know when it left...then they didn’t.)

I ordered a black/black/performance/AP 3 on Saturday, hoping to make it by next Saturday.

My advisor has already contacted me and thinks we can make it... he said they are running like crazy trying to deliver cars before the quarter changes.

We'll see? I hope so.

Yeah. It’s a bit disheartening. BMW worships you, Tesla treats you like....trash might be too strong of a word....maybe a bother?

I hope yours comes on time. I also have resorted to calling random Tesla reps for 1/2 answers. It took mine 2 or 3 days to arrive from CA. (They promised to let me know when it left...then they didn’t.)
The 2 or 3 day timeline is encouraging! I've gotten 3 different stories: random delivery advisor on Saturday said the car shipped, random delivery advisor today said it was "arriving at our Arizona hub" which is where shipments get consolidated for Texas, but the e-mail from the local Austin advisor today said the car's in CA and "should be assigned to a load in the next few days". I have a feeling the truth lies somewhere in the middle, i.e. it left CA and is essentially staged in AZ so they can get it to TX as fast as possible once payment is received.

Good luck with your delivery, excited it's finally happening!

all relative.. it's my commute car and replacing my BMW I8 :)

Attachments

• LXA2fStQSFOu0s8ZPFXVJQ.jpg
    LXA2fStQSFOu0s8ZPFXVJQ.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: xasroma
all relative.. it's my commute car and replacing my BMW I8 :)
So confused by this post...

My complaint isn’t about the quality or status of the car, it’s about the quality of the service with the car.

I have had a Lotus for a decade so I know bad service. Any Lotus owner knows the dealerships default answer is always “TADTS”. “They all do that sir”.

The 2 or 3 day timeline is encouraging! I've gotten 3 different stories: random delivery advisor on Saturday said the car shipped, random delivery advisor today said it was "arriving at our Arizona hub" which is where shipments get consolidated for Texas, but the e-mail from the local Austin advisor today said the car's in CA and "should be assigned to a load in the next few days". I have a feeling the truth lies somewhere in the middle, i.e. it left CA and is essentially staged in AZ so they can get it to TX as fast as possible once payment is received.

Good luck with your delivery, excited it's finally happening!
I feel you there! If you can get your rep again they can track the car. It’s just a PITA to get them to do what you want, but mine was able to pull up the cars exact location (or do a fantastic job of BSing me.)

I had a very similar experience during the wait and delivery. It’s definitely a seller market. Tesla needs money but not specifically your money. The new car came scratched from the transport and has to go directly to a body shop to repaint? - not a big deal for $60k car (/sarcasm). You don’t want to take a delivery? - not a problem, you may wait longer, hoping that the next car will be better. You may even get your money back, someone will buy it in 15 minutes after you cancel. In all honesty, that’s not how I imagined the process of buying a $60k+ car in cash. Tesla still has to replace the front bumper on my new car when they get it delivered. Tesla can only get away with it until the real competition ramps up. After that they will either change their behavior or go the way of the dodo.

Love the car, by the way. The way I describe it to my friends when they ask about my experience - “I bought the right car at the wrong time”

My Account page has moved forward to the point where they are asking for a payment, so it seems like all of the prerequisites are done. But still no VIN, it just shows the reservation number.

My account guy answered the phone yesterday and said he was pinging the inventory guys every hour and trying to get an inventory car assigned to me.

You guys said sometimes these steps happen out of order right? Like they may have assigned the car and even started shipping it without the right hand telling the left hand whats going on?

My Account page has moved forward to the point where they are asking for a payment, so it seems like all of the prerequisites are done. But still no VIN, it just shows the reservation number.

My account guy answered the phone yesterday and said he was pinging the inventory guys every hour and trying to get an inventory car assigned to me.

You guys said sometimes these steps happen out of order right? Like they may have assigned the car and even started shipping it without the right hand telling the left hand whats going on?
Yeah, nothing and then suddenly my account asked me to submit my balance due, then nothing for a few days, then a random text saying my delivery is scheduled. But still no VIN until the next day.

I had the same and it seems normal. The delivery was scheduled, I paid online from the bank account, Sales Rep saw the VIN in the system, and I used it to get the insurance. VIN appeared only after I accepted the delivery.