Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order was placed on 6/24 in New York and I just received my VIN (413xxx) today with an anticipated delivery to Manhasset NY of 7/7 (still subject to change).

That's only 4 days away - seems awfully quick for a car built to order, no? How quick is Tesla moving cars from California to NY this days?

Order was placed on 6/24 in New York and I just received my VIN (413xxx) today with an anticipated delivery to Manhasset NY of 7/7 (still subject to change).

That's only 4 days away - seems awfully quick for a car built to order, no? How quick is Tesla moving cars from California to NY this days?

Congrats. It is quick but it was not really built to order. They just matched your configuration. Trim, color and interior color. They just keep making them and matching them to buyers as they come off the line.

Mine was ordered on May 28th came off the line May 27th. Showed up in south Florida on 6/5.

• Helpful
Reactions: PURE NRG
Hello Tesla Friends!
I too am in the M3P waiting room... I ordered on June 22nd, and so far have no VIN or eta. My advisor is on vacation until the 13th. I keep checking but no updates... I called the store and was advised that I should have a VIN in the next few days or they could revisit my configuration to see if they could speed things along.

I have ordered the msm paint with black interior and FSD. I hope to see an update soon! Wish me luck!

I can tell say one thing. Tesla is really getting on my nerves with their customer service. I mean it’s totally a ****ing mess. Wake up today and get a text from my better half saying the car is saying we have to pay for supercharging while they’re making a road trip. When we had 9200 miles of free supercharging just 3 days ago. Sometimes I think it was a total mistake getting a second Tesla. Love the car but dealing with them is just a huge mess.

I can tell say one thing. Tesla is really getting on my nerves with their customer service. I mean it’s totally a ****ing mess. Wake up today and get a text from my better half saying the car is saying we have to pay for supercharging while they’re making a road trip. When we had 9200 miles of free supercharging just 3 days ago. Sometimes I think it was a total mistake getting a second Tesla. Love the car but dealing with them is just a huge mess.

I agree, their sales staff is terrible. 5-7 days to receive a call back or an email. I also own a Tesla at the moment. You would think they would treat loyal customers better than this. Service on the other hand has been a good experience for me.

Ordered Model 3 Performance on 7/6/2019, White/White Interior with FSD. Will see when it gets delivered, I'm in South Florida.

I agree, their sales staff is terrible. 5-7 days to receive a call back or an email. I also own a Tesla at the moment. You would think they would treat loyal customers better than this. Service on the other hand has been a good experience for me.

Ordered Model 3 Performance on 7/6/2019, White/White Interior with FSD. Will see when it gets delivered, I'm in South Florida.
You wil, love the car. We love both of ours. But as I’m a person from customer service this is totally unacceptable. I really believe if and when the REAL competition comes Tesla will be in some deep *sugar*. People will move on something else even if it’s slightly less than Tesla current offering just to have less headache when things need to fix or issues arise. I haven’t had to work this hard as a customer ever specially when it comes to spending this kinda money.

Just a quick update - I called the delivery team on July 3rd to see if everything was in track with my order placed on June 24 and they asked me if I wanted my VIN and said the anticipated landing date was July 7th (today). I was hoping they’d call yesterday to confirm final payment details and delivery but that didn’t happen. If they call me today I will have to wait until tomorrow to get my credit union to wire them payment since they are closed on Sundays.

I suppose it’s possible they might not even call today anyway, we’ll see.

Just a quick update - I called the delivery team on July 3rd to see if everything was in track with my order placed on June 24 and they asked me if I wanted my VIN and said the anticipated landing date was July 7th (today). I was hoping they’d call yesterday to confirm final payment details and delivery but that didn’t happen. If they call me today I will have to wait until tomorrow to get my credit union to wire them payment since they are closed on Sundays.

Did your order status page change at all?

I agree. They need to get their act together quickly regarding this. They also have this elite type attitude comes off as condescending at times. I really thought Tesla had it all figured out, but here is one spot they need to improve on. Other than that everything else makes up for the issues, for now.

I was one of the recent Model 3 buyers that helped Tesla with their record sales. The exact configuration I wanted (LR, AWD, blue, white interior) was at my local dealer and it was delivered 2 days later. Very smooth process. Remarkable car. Zero issues so far. Was set to get an e-tron, but I'm glad I went with the Model 3. So powerful and efficient!

OK got my e-mail to update my pre-delivery info (which was updated from day 1 anyway) and I see that my order status page is now updated with my VIN and my delivery date is Thursday July 11th at Noon. I expect they'll call me before then with the final pricing so that I can get my credit union to wire payment over ahead of time. Again, we'll see how this pans out - so far so good.

On a related note, my Wall Charger is expected to arrive via FedEx that same day. I'm hoping my local electrician can install it this weekend.

I noticed my rear driver's side door is slightly misaligned with the rest of the car (you can tell because the chrome trim around the doors doesn't perfectly line up where the door meets the center pillar). I plan on asking the local service center to adjust it - I'd imagine it's as simple as adjusting the door hinge so the door hangs slightly higher, but I could be wrong.

I noticed my rear driver's side door is slightly misaligned with the rest of the car (you can tell because the chrome trim around the doors doesn't perfectly line up where the door meets the center pillar). I plan on asking the local service center to adjust it - I'd imagine it's as simple as adjusting the door hinge so the door hangs slightly higher, but I could be wrong.

Not sure if they have updated anything on Tesla's website however suddenly today it now shows a delivery date. Was that always there? LOL

Shows 7/17/2019, Ordered on 7/5/2019 (White/White)

OK, MVPA with final pricing has now been provided on my order status page and I provided it to my credit union so that a check can be made out to them for delivery on Thursday.

One bit of surprise was the vehicle is listed with 272 miles on it already. I wasn't told I was getting a demo so perhaps it was driven over from another store. Either way, what kinds of things should I be looking out for when I perform my inspection at delivery?

I'm still expecting something to go terribly wrong and I won't take delivery on Thursday. All of these horror stories I've read about have prepared me for the worst.

Normally, they are listed at 50, but show up with 5 or so. For this one, I'd be looking it over extremely carefully since, in the back of my mind, I'd be looking at a car that had been returned (for some unknown reason) by whoever took delivery of it before you...
Ah interesting point, but if that were the case, would they be able to sell the vehicle as "NEW"? I believe as soon as a vehicle is registered to someone, it can no longer be sold as that.

Howdy. First post on the forum. Thank you to all the members posting information here! You all were a great help in our eventual purchase decision. This evening we ordered a Model 3 Performance, red/white. Even though our screen name is AZHobos, we are currently living in a no-mans land as far as EVs are concerned in rural SE New Mexico.

This is a big step for us and we are quite nervous. Our last new vehicle purchase was in 1997! For this purchase we are moving up from a 2002 Honda Accord.

Tesla will ship the car to our home in New Mexico, but we are thinking of taking delivery of it in Phoenix, AZ so we can reduce the potential for shipping damage and have a better chance of getting any problems corrected. Thoughts? Advice?