Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, congrats! That's exciting news. Still nothing on my end (located in ATX), but the Texas factor adds delays.
Yeah my rep has been very clear that texas laws create a lot of challenges. Nothing that can’t be overcome, but it adds to the wait. I spoke with him again today to see about transport, he said they are working on that and he’d let me know when the transport is going to happen. Crossing my fingers I get word soon that it will be here on the pronto.

Reactions: daftskunk
Today's update: nothing. Haven't heard a peep from my inside sales advisor since middle of last week, and even sent a follow-up e-mail 3 days ago. Zero P3Ds showing up in inventory anywhere in the country, but in general, I'm noticing of all cars in inventory, maybe 10% at most have 19" sport wheels. They either built ahead on aeros or there's a shortage of sport wheels. That's just my theory, though and is based on nothing more than some qualitative analysis. Or their margin on cars with aero wheels is higher (that may actually be the most plausible explanation given the timing).

Congratulations to everyone getting their P3D. A few things to consider, when ordering if you order closer to the end of the quarter you wait time is normally shorter as they’re trying to close the quarter stronger. A bunch of us order in April and didn’t take delivery for 3-4 weeks. But it’s worth it. Tesla still has a lot of catching up to do with other companies in the customer service department. But the product is outstanding.

Far as HW3 GOES, latest software for those are 2019.20.2.1. Which is the current software for the fleet depending on ap year and configuration. If you’re unsure if you have hw3 check your dash am footage codec. If it’s H264 it’s hw2.5 if it’s H265 ( High efficiency recording and storage) you have hw3. Do NOT REFUSE DELIVERY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE HW3. As of now HW3 is not a huge thing to have since FSD is not available. HW2.5 is just fine and In someways better at the current moment. We own two model 3 one 2.5 and one HW3. If you purchase FSD Tesla will swap your 2.0 and 2.5 computer to HW3 when the time comes. HW3 cars comes with 2019.7.102, 2019.7.103, 2019.7.107, 2019.15, 2019.12.1.2, all these version will NOT HAVE SENTRY MODE. 2019.16.3, 2019.16.3.2 and some might have the latest Ed. However I doubt it. But you will update pretty quickly long as you connect to WiFi.

If you are worried about getting your amazing p3d before the end of the month, the time is now to contact the Tesla store directly. Informing them you would like to get a inventory car. Also if you have a second option ( paint color or different interior color than you order) let them know. That will aid in your delivery time. Travel time from west coast to east coast is tracking about 5-8 with delivery taken place the next day.

DO NOT PAY TESLA UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE CAR WITH YOUR EYES. Just a tip. Small scratches are normal in ANY CAR. I haven’t bought one car where it was 100% perfect. Do not miss out the tax credit over small thing that are fixable. Now dents large gashes, interior tears and major misaligned panels are something to watch for and refuse delivery over not small paint chips. Again just my opinion and will aid in you getting your car faster and before the end of the quarter.

For people not buying FSD make sure you MVPA paperwork shows autopilot on the paperwork. If it doesn’t make then do it over and make sure the autopilot is ACTUALLY ACTIVE on the vehicle before leaving the Tesla showroom. I’ve experienced this headache my self and it took them over 2 weeks and lots of yelling a threating To get that resolved. You should have basic autopilot standard which include traffic aware cruise control and auto steer within your lane. Those should be the only option in your settings. Do not let them tell you oh it will pop up later or a trail will come. Of course it takes 30-100 miles for the camera to calibrate which you will error message stating autopilot is calibrating with a steering wheel icon to the left of the speedo.

Referral program, when leaving your 1000 miles of free supercharging should be active in your loot box in the Tesla app. Make sure they appear there beforehand leaving. If you ordered before the 5k expired make sure you see 5k instead of 1k. Again experienced that as well and that just got resolved for us 6 days ago. I took delivery on May 9th. And that was with me calling again and going back and forth.

What doesn’t come with your car
: if you order within the last week no homelink however it’s 300 with installation.
No usb cables. Just buy the NOMAD wireless pad. You will thank the world later. Or even Tesla new wireless pad.
No 14-50 Nema adaptor. If in stock they’re taking about 7 days to arrive at your door.

Bring with you a copy of everything they sent you with a screen shot of your Tesla account page to make sure you’re getting everything.
Fun fact, bring your formatted usb for dash cam/sentry mode with you. I’ve seen one and heard about 2 people having accident day one and not having the usb in. So just as a Incase bring it with you.

Secure financing the day you receive your vin/delivery date.
Most bank give you a check that is valid for 30 days so that should be a good window. At this point if your ordering you should have your money ready as it will move quick.

All of this is to say, don’t be afraid to look over your car, don’t be afraid to ask question. Do NOT LET THE EXCITEMENT GET TO YOU AND CLOUD YOUR JUDGEMENT. this is the end of the quarter and it’s crunch time for them. So they will try to get each and every car out even if it has problems above minor things. Like I said the product is amazing. You will love it. And I dare say the wait was worth it.

I hope this helps someone with all the question and what to do. Enjoy your new amazing toy as it is worth the wait!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: xasroma and kdphan
@Tholland great post!

I had to email my sales guy again to remind him that my buddy has not seen the referral updated. I'm not seeing my 1k miles in loot box either. I'm sure he's going to take a few weeks to even get it resolved.
My rep told me that the miles can take a few weeks to show up. He cited the sheer numbers they are doing right now.

@Tholland great post!

I had to email my sales guy again to remind him that my buddy has not seen the referral updated. I'm not seeing my 1k miles in loot box either. I'm sure he's going to take a few weeks to even get it resolved.

Well thank you.

Went I took delivery of the P3D the 1k miles was showing, but I was supposed to get 5k. So they should at delivery or the moment they check the car was delivered.

Called Tesla today, delivery person at the main number was nice and sympathetic, but basically said the 2 week quote isn’t a guarantee (which I knew) and it’s more accurate for west coast orders. Said it’s not impossible I could get it by EOM but I don’t think it’s likely. Also gave me my local Austin Tesla advisor’s email in case he could help match me with an inventory car.

Around 4 today my account prompted me to make my final payment even though I haven’t received a VIN yet. I submitted the payment via ACH but unless the car has already departed I don’t see it getting to me in time.

Called Tesla today, delivery person at the main number was nice and sympathetic, but basically said the 2 week quote isn’t a guarantee (which I knew) and it’s more accurate for west coast orders. Said it’s not impossible I could get it by EOM but I don’t think it’s likely. Also gave me my local Austin Tesla advisor’s email in case he could help match me with an inventory car.

Around 4 today my account prompted me to make my final payment even though I haven’t received a VIN yet. I submitted the payment via ACH but unless the car has already departed I don’t see it getting to me in time.
If you’re in Austin, it could still get to you in time. Takes 2-3days for them to get from Southern cali to Texas. If they are asking for final payment I’m be willing to bet they have you a car assigned and just haven’t communicated it adequately.(with mine they asked for final payment so it could leave Cali....that’s why I’m assuming yours is the same). Crossing my fingers I’m right. Good luck!

It’s sorta like pulling teeth to get information from them.

• Love
Reactions: daftskunk
If you’re in Austin, it could still get to you in time. Takes 2-3days for them to get from Southern cali to Texas. If they are asking for final payment I’m be willing to bet they have you a car assigned and just haven’t communicated it adequately.(with mine they asked for final payment so it could leave Cali....that’s why I’m assuming yours is the same). Crossing my fingers I’m right. Good luck!

It’s sorta like pulling teeth to get information from them.
You are correct. Got a spontaneous text message out of the blue today saying my Model 3 delivery is tentatively scheduled for 6/29. Boom. Called the main Tesla delivery team and they confirmed the car is already en route. They’re clearly just churning cars out and delivering en masse, as my account hasn’t even caught up yet (no VIN or delivery date showing).

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy