Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered White with Black interior with FSD on April 19th. No VIN yet. 2 week estimate. What is the standard wait time?

Thanks

It seems like they built a bunch of M3Ps either right now or just recently. There are still some folks waiting, so we'll have to see whether they keep building until all the current orders are satisfied. It seems like the last batch of M3Ps built was in March. So on that basis, you'll want to get one of the ones in the current batch if possible, or else you might be waiting as much as 4-6 weeks for the next batch. Though, Elon did talk about "unrolling the wave" on the Q1 call, so maybe they will try to break it up a bit more? Hard to know.

I did learn that it's worth calling a service center regularly, and having them check their inventory, which shows more options than the public inventory site. Each day I called they turned up a car, though the mileage and colors varied. I ended up getting a delivery date on my original order before taking one of those, but it was great to have options (other than "wait in silence").

Pricing update: Though I got a delivery date (5/7, no VIN, blue/black, no FSD, PA), my order still showed the "old pricing" (before paint adjustment and AP). I called Vegas and they said they filed for an update and I should see the pricing corrected within 48 hours. Guess we'll see. :)

It seems like they built a bunch of M3Ps either right now or just recently. There are still some folks waiting, so we'll have to see whether they keep building until all the current orders are satisfied. It seems like the last batch of M3Ps built was in March. So on that basis, you'll want to get one of the ones in the current batch if possible, or else you might be waiting as much as 4-6 weeks for the next batch. Though, Elon did talk about "unrolling the wave" on the Q1 call, so maybe they will try to break it up a bit more? Hard to know.

I did learn that it's worth calling a service center regularly, and having them check their inventory, which shows more options than the public inventory site. Each day I called they turned up a car, though the mileage and colors varied. I ended up getting a delivery date on my original order before taking one of those, but it was great to have options (other than "wait in silence").
Thanks for the intel!

Well hopefully my performance white on white is in this group! That’s a lot of VINS!

Attachments

• F8A79BED-3DB2-419F-ACFD-C0DA65404D00.png
    F8A79BED-3DB2-419F-ACFD-C0DA65404D00.png
    381.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Informative
Reactions: Yv3s
I was hoping my car was in the batch that people have started getting delivery dates for towards the end of last week. I mean how long does it take between them registering a VIN and delivering it? Cause that big batch sounds like something that might only be getting deliveries toward the end of this quarter.
Totally agree, trust me I’m in the same boat. I was just hoping this would help, sorry for getting people hopes up. Won’t do that again

Hope is all we have! Gotta say, seeing so many convert last week was a pretty big bump in the hope zone, still looking forward to more this week. White/White and Red/White FTW.

I'm surprised that more electricians don't offer a "get out here and remove this damn charger because grrrr" service. I feel like it should come with pizza and a hug. I could use those right now..

Visuals and insight doesn't help. If they told people 8 were headed to NC, people would just complain and ask "Why 8 to NC and none to NY today?!" Every bit of detail you give people gives them something more to nitpick about.

What they need to do is not say 2 weeks, and never have it be more than 4. If the delivery lengths didn't vary so much and just weren't as long there wouldn't be anything to talk about. A non-issue doesn't need special mechanisms to manage.

1. That really sucks.
2. If you find the right sales person, you can call every day and they can turn up options that aren't listed on the public inventory site. In two days of calling, I was offered a Performance white/white one day and a Performance with the old silver on black the other. So the cars are around, but they don't look unless you call and wait on the phone while they do it. (I was pretty tempted by the unicorn silver, but there was only like $100 off and blue is really our first choice... trying to hold on...)
3. There's not even a point to an order that will be delivered in June. Just cancel and do the end-of-quarter deal to get thousands off. It seems they got really stupid with the discounts in March.

(If anyone wants the silver, I think it was in the Boston area, 47 miles, like I said, no real discount. But, distinctive.)
I called last weekend looking for the old silver on black. Was told by a Chicago rep that none existed. I'm selling a rwd silver for a performance and would really like to stay silver.