Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A rep from Tesla called me this afternoon and confirmed that my car is actually ready to be delivered tomorrow. That’s 7 days (I ordered late at night on April 30th) from order to delivery. Unfortunately I’m very busy this week I have to postpone the fun stuff to Saturday. I don’t even have a charger installed at home yet. I hope the supercharger referral works.
Same boat as you, I ordered May 1st, 7 days later text and they wanted to bring car following day. I called and they were happy to reschedule for Saturday.

I had the same scenario, and preferred the dealer. I called the dealer and told them this. They changed it to store pickup and that change reflected on my web account the next morning.

I’m glad I picked up at the store. I thought it added to the overall experience and it was nice to have people there to ask questions.

Was told I'll be contacted on Friday and can arrange for delivery at service center.

• Love
Reactions: Tholland
Glad you didn't cancel

Oh I was ready to. They said let them fix it and my better half said give it one more day and bam got the call the car arrived Tyson called and took care of all the NFCU bank stuff. They said they have done plenty of loan thru them and didn’t understand why the IDA was giving us so much trouble. Car came two days early so fingers crossed that tomorrow at 330 my M3P is clean and issue free. And my spoiler is on.

Reactions: bshap73 and notrhj
Picked up car today only issue was missing USB cables? So far pretty happy with process. Trade in process was simple enough...

Spoiler was installed!

I think the only sour spot overall is how the communications are mainly by email with IDA, the only person that actually called me was the DA last night saying it was ready.

• Informative
Reactions: bshap73
Hey All - Happy to Join the forum. First Post - be gentle.
I ordered Performance M3 Blue/Black on 4/30 and was texted a link this morning (5/8) to schedule for delivery. I called the delivery center to request for a delivery center pick-up and I was told the car would arrive on 5/14 - requested 5/18 pickup and they accommodated.

Question - I had to request a purchase agreement to send to my credit union to start the loan process and noticed PA had "Odometer" listed with 50 miles. Is this a placeholder or am I getting a car that's in inventory or tested?

I already read the forum and didn't find the answer.

• Informative
Picked up car today only issue was missing USB cables? So far pretty happy with process. Trade in process was simple enough...

Spoiler was installed!

I think the only sour spot overall is how the communications are mainly by email with IDA, the only person that actually called me was the DA last night saying it was ready.
I've read a lot of posts from people reporting the USB cables are no longer included, which is a bummer.

• Informative
Today was the day took delivery of my Performance Model 3. The waiting was painful, I even created the tags for this thread of “waiting, venting and therapy” but at long last she arrived and it was absolutely worth the wait.

Everyone meet the Electric Pepper.

525A6079-7C57-40AF-A5AE-5C2D58F1B8B8.jpeg

She is fast, graceful, beautiful and so much fun. Despite taking a test drive, reading countless reviews it didn’t sink in today how incredible electric cars can be and how much of an technical and engineering marvel the Tesla Model 3 is.

The delivery experience was excellent, little paperwork and I had my car inspected by a local detail shop. No major issues just small items here and there. Jimmy/James the DA was outstanding and really did everything he could to make up for the wait and poor initial sales experience I had. She was dropped off to get the front end PPF wrapped and now I eagerly wait to take her for a ride this coming weekend!

Bonus: The MCR is quite the color changer. By day bright cherry metallic red by night turns into a wine red metallic.

A11CA356-AEF1-45F5-A545-C3BE8C1D1D88.jpeg

Oh I was ready to. They said let them fix it and my better half said give it one more day and bam got the call the car arrived Tyson called and took care of all the NFCU bank stuff. They said they have done plenty of loan thru them and didn’t understand why the IDA was giving us so much trouble. Car came two days early so fingers crossed that tomorrow at 330 my M3P is clean and issue free. And my spoiler is on.
Tholland very happy for you. You have been very helpful in the thread and was discouraging to see you not get your model 3. Glad you fixed the issue!

samy364, Yesterday at 1:50 PM

Any white/white P3D+ like me that is still waiting?
I'm in the same boat, ordered 4/18 and still waiting on VIN or any delivery information.

w/w P3D+ Right behind you both 4/20 no information

Ordered mine on 4/23 - w/w Performance. No vin and no delivery date. I called and spoke to a rep for my area and he stated that because it was a custom order, it would be 4-8 weeks from order date. I asked why such a large discrepancy from the 2 weeks listed on the custom site. His reply was "I am sorry that it was not more accurate." I asked if he can see any status at all and he said the car was not in production yet. I guess I'll be hanging out in the waiting room for a while.

Today was the day took delivery of my Performance Model 3. The waiting was painful, I even created the tags for this thread of “waiting, venting and therapy” but at long last she arrived and it was absolutely worth the wait.

Everyone meet the Electric Pepper.

View attachment 405698

She is fast, graceful, beautiful and so much fun. Despite taking a test drive, reading countless reviews it didn’t sink in today how incredible electric cars can be and how much of an technical and engineering marvel the Tesla Model 3 is.

The delivery experience was excellent, little paperwork and I had my car inspected by a local detail shop. No major issues just small items here and there. Jimmy/James the DA was outstanding and really did everything he could to make up for the wait and poor initial sales experience I had. She was dropped off to get the front end PPF wrapped and now I eagerly wait to take her for a ride this coming weekend!

Bonus: The MCR is quite the color changer. By day bright cherry metallic red by night turns into a wine red metallic.

View attachment 405699
Congrats love the pepper

Placed the order on 05/01 and took delivery of the M3P today (05/08) with a trade-in. Black exterior, and white interior. It was delivered with the "Dual Motor" and Carbon Fiber spoiler.

Pretty fluid experience from the order to delivery, although the wait was painful the last day or so. I don't know if going into the local dealer to place the order with the SA made the delivery process faster than what others have experienced, but I'd recommend doing so if it helps to expedite the process.

Ordered white/black on 4/4. two days ago i received a message on my account "please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery". yesterday i got my deliver date. However i have no VIN. Is this common, should i pay off my balance or wait for the VIN.

Ordered white/black on 4/4. two days ago i received a message on my account "please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery". yesterday i got my deliver date. However i have no VIN. Is this common, should i pay off my balance or wait for the VIN.

That's standard. The VIN seems to show up earlier on the Purchase Agreement. And then a few days later, on the main page. You can also call (if you used a store, and didn't enter the order yourself) and they will tell you the VIN that has been assigned.

As far as paying it off...most suggest not doing that. They will happily accept payment after you inspect the vehicle, which is a good plan.

(I take delivery in a little over an hour.)

Reactions: ammulder
That's standard. The VIN seems to show up earlier on the Purchase Agreement. And then a few days later, on the main page. You can also call (if you used a store, and didn't enter the order yourself) and they will tell you the VIN that has been assigned.

As far as paying it off...most suggest not doing that. They will happily accept payment after you inspect the vehicle, which is a good plan.

(I take delivery in a little over an hour.)

thanks for the advice. i will wait on making the payment