Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery!
Surprisingly has Homelink.
No USB No 14-50

Congratulations Sonic!
Do you have new hardware or 2.5?
I moved my delivery for Monday 6/10; VIN had disappeared from my account when I moved appt for 6/15. I didn't like that hence moved work around to be able to go on Monday to pick the w/w unicorn.

Glad to see other members didn't have to wait the 9 weeks I have waited for the car. Tesla really moving those P3D's to make those end of quarter numbers.

If you take delivery please post pics; car delivery experience, car condition and hardware info please. :)

^ I was told my P3D+ would be delivered with the spoiler installed. The rep told me they are no longer doing separate appointments to install performance spoilers... (And i hope he's right!)

Mine was delivered Thursday with the Dual Motor/Performance line badge and spoiler installed. The spoiler fitment is a 9.5/10, I can see a little gap near the edges, but it's not egregious.

• Informative
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
W0o! This car is amazing! Ordered 5/4/19 (Red/White FSD) and accepted delivery 6/1/19. Went into a local detail shop the same day to drop it off to do some customization/PPF. After a few days, finally got to bring it home and drive it around all weekend. It's a beaut!

The delivery experience was excellent. The car's condition was great save for a few dirty spots on the rear view mirror and and a bit of cleaning needed on the passenger seat. All was taken care of and I was in and out of the delivery center in 20 minutes. The spoiler and badge came installed when I came to pick up the car. Manufacturing date of the car was 5/19.

MVIMG_20190609_190051.jpg
MVIMG_20190609_190119.jpg
MVIMG_20190609_190051.jpg

W0o! This car is amazing! Ordered 5/4/19 (Red/White FSD) and accepted delivery 6/1/19. Went into a local detail shop the same day to drop it off to do some customization/PPF. After a few days, finally got to bring it home and drive it around all weekend. It's a beaut!

The delivery experience was excellent. The car's condition was great save for a few dirty spots on the rear view mirror and and a bit of cleaning needed on the passenger seat. All was taken care of and I was in and out of the delivery center in 20 minutes. The spoiler and badge came installed when I came to pick up the car. Manufacturing date of the car was 5/19.

View attachment 417591
View attachment 417592
View attachment 417593

That red really is incredible. Love the tint as well! Well done.

Even though I canceled my red/white order a few ago, I simply couldn’t give up on the P3D. Starting looking around the used market and found a 2018 with 6500 miles and picking it up tonight! Think I got a fair deal. Atleast that’s what I’m telling myself.

View attachment 417591
View attachment 417592
View attachment 417593

So the chrome delete was 3rd party?

TLDR; Ordered LR AWD: 5/22 | Changed to Performance and Matched w/ VIN: 6/3 | Delivered: 6/11. Small paint imperfection in the rear passenger door well, otherwise, solid quality. Be persistent for resolution if you notice anything in your delivery. Very fun car to drive and very comfortable seats!

I originally ordered a LR AWD but the first match was damaged in transit (rocker panel dented). I also changed my mind anyway and wanted a performance, so I asked to upgrade. I was matched with a performance model the same day.

I showed up for delivery and was one of two customers in the store. I waited about 25 minutes past my appointment time and was told the delivery team forgot I was there. I shrugged it off as I realize Tesla is still fine tuning the experience and these people are seriously busy.

During delivery, they were about to launch into the whole song and dance, but I told them I had a checklist and wanted to inspect the car on my own. They were good about giving me as much time/space as I wanted and didn't bug me for at least 45 minutes while I looked over the car and referenced various delivery checklists.

Findings: Found a 2" x 2" gritty paint area in the rear pax door well. The imperfection can only be noticed with a flashlight. They tried hard to get me to ignore it (no one will notice it, you need a flashlight to see it, nothing is perfect) but I persisted. They even said I might have to wait an hour for the manager to get out of a meeting to approve an IOU. I eventually received a written IOU from the delivery team to come back whenever to have the paint corrected.

All other perceived imperfections turned out to be smudges and were wiped away. I also recommend you tell them to NOT use tire shine on the wheels. It will just end up on your paint on your way home. :D

The first couple days have been a lot of fun.. excited for many more ahead.

Reactions: pdx3181