Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 8/24, Changed color 9/4.
Advisor confirmed that US orders are once again being processed but were halted for a time due to overseas orders.
He seems to think a September delivery is still likely for me due to end of quarter push.
Cars are being built in color batches as others have mentioned.

You're going to have to cancel and place a new order :(

That's true. They cannot add the referral after the order is placed - I already went around and around with Tesla on the phone and in person in the store. Ended up cancelling the order and re-ordering on 8/6. In my case this was 2 days after I placed the order so it didn't impact the delivery. Of course at that time I was stupidly believing the "2 weeks after order placement" statement.

FWIW, White/white performance for wifey ordered 8/6 in PHX, no VIN, got "the text" saying 5-6 weeks, hoping for something by the first or second week of October but not holding my breath ( I'm driving my black/black performance since 8/9 LOL).

That's true. They cannot add the referral after the order is placed - I already went around and around with Tesla on the phone and in person in the store. Ended up cancelling the order and re-ordering on 8/6. In my case this was 2 days after I placed the order so it didn't impact the delivery. Of course at that time I was stupidly believing the "2 weeks after order placement" statement.

FWIW, White/white performance for wifey ordered 8/6 in PHX, no VIN, got "the text" saying 5-6 weeks, hoping for something by the first or second week of October but not holding my breath ( I'm driving my black/black performance since 8/9 LOL).
aright well its def not worth cancelling my order...whats 1k supercharging mile worth anyway?... 100 bucks?

Someone mentioned in another thread that they do this to prevent employees from entering their own referral codes on orders that don't have them.