Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just spoke with my SA and she told me that there is currently a promotion for new performance orders which include either two years of free supercharging OR a free color and interior upgrade. She said in order to qualify for this promotion that I had to cancel my current order and place a new one, and that doing so wouldn't change my delivery time frame because "all cars are going to be built by the end of the quarter". I don't buy this at all, so I said I'm gonna keep my current order. I've seen that many people on here have gotten the promotion without having to cancel their orders and was wondering how you guys went about this? Should I call Tesla customer service and check with them? Seems a bit ridiculous to have to cancel my order from 8/15 and place a new one....

So I just spoke with my SA and she told me that there is currently a promotion for new performance orders which include either two years of free supercharging OR a free color and interior upgrade. She said in order to qualify for this promotion that I had to cancel my current order and place a new one, and that doing so wouldn't change my delivery time frame because "all cars are going to be built by the end of the quarter". I don't buy this at all, so I said I'm gonna keep my current order. I've seen that many people on here have gotten the promotion without having to cancel their orders and was wondering how you guys went about this? Should I call Tesla customer service and check with them? Seems a bit ridiculous to have to cancel my order from 8/15 and place a new one....
Again, your SA is the absolute worst source for anything. Call customer service, explain the situation. They check with the manager on duty and apply it to your account. Literally takes 5 minutes over the phone.

I placed an order on 9/9 for a P3D silver/white FSD. Still no VIN. I contacted the normal service line yesterday and asked about the two free years of supercharging (after reading about it in Electrek) and they said they said no since I didn't have a VIN assigned that they couldn't. I then sent a message to my SA and he said sure no problem that he would definitely take care of it for me on my current reservation.

Now I'm wondering if I should ask about the free upgrades instead...

But anyway, I don't know why you would have to cancel your order to do this if other people are not having to do this. I personally would not, especially since you ordered yours so long ago. Would hate to see you miss the end of the quarter rush and have to wait even longer than the two weeks until the end of this one

• Helpful
Reactions: gandhi95
I placed an order on 9/9 for a P3D silver/white FSD. Still no VIN. I contacted the normal service line yesterday and asked about the two free years of supercharging (after reading about it in Electrek) and they said they said no since I didn't have a VIN assigned that they couldn't. I then sent a message to my SA and he said sure no problem that he would definitely take care of it for me on my current reservation.

Now I'm wondering if I should ask about the free upgrades instead...

But anyway, I don't know why you would have to cancel your order to do this if other people are not having to do this. I personally would not, especially since you ordered yours so long ago. Would hate to see you miss the end of the quarter rush and have to wait even longer than the two weeks until the end of this one
You’re within the two week time frame and you are asking for freebies?!

Let me clarify, the only reason they gave me the free supercharging is because I’ve been waiting since 8/7!

Let me clarify, the only reason they gave me the free supercharging is because I’ve been waiting since 8/7!
lol im picking mine up tomorrow hopefully... been waiting since 8/12 so i hope they throw either the supercharging or an upgrade in... i tried calling the 888 number today also and they were closed...i'm going to ask about it when i'm at the delivery center.

I definitely do not recommend canceling and reordering. My sales representative is giving this promotion to me for my 8/3 order that has not been delivered yet. The price of the performance model also increased by $1000 sometime during August (don't remember the exact date). Cancelling and reordering now would give you the higher current price.

A person can place an order today and receive the freebies. Why should someone who ordered before the promotion miss out just because they ordered a couple days before the promotion?

A person can place an order today and receive the freebies. Why should someone who ordered before the promotion miss out just because they ordered a couple days before the promotion?
Because it’s been positioned to me as compensation for broken lies, unexpected delays and inconvenience. Not because I missed a promo date.

If they gave promos, discounts, freebies, etc. to anyone, they wouldn’t have them in the first place because it would defeat the purpose of such items.

So, no, I don’t agree everyone should get the freebies. Those who waited way beyond reason and those who happened to order at an opportune time should get them. That’s my opinion.

• Disagree
Reactions: cOoTeR and painter
The “free” things are incentives to order. They are doing a 3rd quarter push for sales numbers. I have been on the fence about ordering and my SA called and told me that he didn’t have the exact car I wanted, but would not charge me for anything that wasn’t on my list - which just happened to be just White interior since I was open to most paint colors. Since I was still on the fence, he also said he can include the 2 yr supercharging as well. Personally I think the 2k miles was a better deal, but I took it. Sure you can cancel and pay $1k more but the point is when 4th quarter comes, the same thing will happen maybe even October 1 and they could drop the price again and everyone will still be unhappy. You have have made your choice based on your desire to have the car, some people need an extra push, thus incentives for people that were looking just not buying. This just happens to be one of the most transparent car companies with this, people get ripped off everyday from other brands and no one says a word. It is just how it is. I am happy I am getting a new car.

Reactions: painter and ck1891

Absolutely I will be asking for freebies... I would be stupid not to since they are giving them out. Do you think I should not ask for the freebies to honor those who waited longer than me? I encourage everyone to ask for freebies if Tesla willingly is giving them out.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluefin
Cousin just sent me this pic.... going SB on 99.

Been waiting since 8/10 for my Performance.... hoping our CA orders get filled this upcoming week

Attachments

• FDD0FDD1-870A-40A6-9C2F-92367DCE86B7.jpeg
    FDD0FDD1-870A-40A6-9C2F-92367DCE86B7.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: gandhi95
Because it’s been positioned to me as compensation for broken lies, unexpected delays and inconvenience. Not because I missed a promo date.

If they gave promos, discounts, freebies, etc. to anyone, they wouldn’t have them in the first place because it would defeat the purpose of such items.

So, no, I don’t agree everyone should get the freebies. Those who waited way beyond reason and those who happened to order at an opportune time should get them. That’s my opinion.

It wasn't offered to only you because of your wait. It was offered to secure more sales. Denying people who have posted orders, who can cancel and reorder to get the deals being offered could be counter productive. It's an offer to customers there is no harm in asking for it. Just because someone has been waiting longer does not make them special or better than someone who just ordered yesterday. If tesla wants to make a deal with you only for your wait that's between you and them. But if they offer a deal to the whole world there is nothing wrong for trying to get in on it. If you are upset that people are asking for the deal you may not want to check out the treads here where several people have asked for the deal and are getting it.

Reactions: painter
It wasn't offered to only you because of your wait. It was offered to secure more sales. Denying people who have posted orders, who can cancel and reorder to get the deals being offered could be counter productive. It's an offer to customers there is no harm in asking for it. Just because someone has been waiting longer does not make them special or better than someone who just ordered yesterday. If tesla wants to make a deal with you only for your wait that's between you and them. But if they offer a deal to the whole world there is nothing wrong for trying to get in on it. If you are upset that people are asking for the deal you may not want to check out the treads here where several people have asked for the deal and are getting it.
First of all, I’m not saying don’t ask for it. I’m saying don’t expect it. I’ve been waiting a long time and I didn’t expect any free items because this promo is exactly that, a sales incentive. No one is entitled to this deal unless you actually qualify for it. If Tesla is nice enough to offer it to someone, then that’s their right to do so.

You guys are missing my point. Some people think they deserve the freebies. My point is no one deserves it unless you waited to buy and officially qualify for this incentive. Therefore, no one should complain if they are denied, and you certainly shouldn’t expect it.

Now, back on topic ... where are our M3P’s? Hopefully a couple more weeks ....