Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not just to mention i had them, but had them first, well before the public ;)

but in all seriousness, just wanted to see if theyre available yet as i dont really keep up with the p3d news. If anyone in the bay area is interested in getting their hands on these with michelin pilots -lmk.
Aren’t you “the public”. Are you some secret Tesla insider? Are you Elon??!!! Wow!!!!!! Or wait, did they fall off the back of a truck? No body cares what you “say” you have in your closet or under your bed or whatever. And if you are trying to sell something there is a forum for that and pictures are highly recommended.

Just changed my order today from a LR AWD to a Performance. They said I'll still get delivery in December so I'm hoping they're right. It kept bothering me that I felt like I didn't order the car I really wanted just to save a little money so I stopped being cheap and made the change.

Ordered 10/13
Upgraded 11/19
White/Black
Full Self Driving
Fremont Delivery

I ended up getting my hands on a Stealth today and changed my order again. Since I couldn't get in contact with my SA I ended up having to cancel my original order and place a new one so I didn't miss out. That means I paid a little more for the car and the $7k for the FSD now. Oh well, still worth it as this is the exact car I wanted and was searching for the whole time.

Attachments

• Stealth Build Details 2.PNG
    Stealth Build Details 2.PNG
    86.8 KB · Views: 80
I ended up getting my hands on a Stealth today and changed my order again. Since I couldn't get in contact with my SA I ended up having to cancel my original order and place a new one so I didn't miss out. That means I paid a little more for the car and the $7k for the FSD now. Oh well, still worth it as this is the exact car I wanted and was searching for the whole time.
same boat. I couldn’t get my SA at first so I jumped on and had to cancel

Aren’t you “the public”. Are you some secret Tesla insider? Are you Elon??!!! Wow!!!!!! Or wait, did they fall off the back of a truck? No body cares what you “say” you have in your closet or under your bed or whatever. And if you are trying to sell something there is a forum for that and pictures are highly recommended.

you must be fun at parties

Reactions: Stevenhm
Ordered 10/18 M3P white/white no FSD. Went to that orientation on 11/4. Not a word since then. So getting an invite to orientation means nothing. And if you are reading forums and watching YouTube videos you really don’t need to go. They just go over all of the features of the cars. They told us at ours they won’t expect our cars until the last two weeks of December. I would love for it to come sooner but who knows.

Unpopular opinion, but while I'm happy that other owners that have placed an order for a Model 3 and is upgrading/changing their order for a M3P- with more or less a vin, I kinda feel bitter that they are in the process of manufacturing the M3P- instead of moving on to produce for customers that are waiting for their M3P+ or their LR AWD.

But what do I know.

Also earlier on the way to the office saw a truckload of Model 3s (looking like LR AWD with 18in Aeros) with Euro plates heading towards the Dumbarton bridge.

Unpopular opinion, but while I'm happy that other owners that have placed an order for a Model 3 and is upgrading/changing their order for a M3P- with more or less a vin, I kinda feel bitter that they are in the process of manufacturing the M3P- instead of moving on to produce for customers that are waiting for their M3P+ or their LR AWD.

But what do I know.

Also earlier on the way to the office saw a truckload of Model 3s (looking like LR AWD with 18in Aeros) with Euro plates heading towards the Dumbarton bridge.

I'm just speculating here, but I wonder if Tesla builds the highest margin cars first, which would be M3P, then M3P-, then LR AWD, and lastly SR+? I mean, as a business, I get why they might go that route. Get the most bang for their buck and then go down the line to the lowest margin products.

I'm just speculating here, but I wonder if Tesla builds the highest margin cars first, which would be M3P, then M3P-, then LR AWD, and lastly SR+? I mean, as a business, I get why they might go that route. Get the most bang for their buck and then go down the line to the lowest margin products.
It seems they do the opposite. A number of people have reported taking delivery or getting their VIN for SR+ in the US already, while not a single person has even the VIN for a P3D+ yet.

Reactions: DrtyJrze
I believe the manufacturing process for the SR+, AWD, and P3D- have to be pretty similar and that maybe it takes more of an effort for retooling on a P3D+. We are also in the small pool of orders while they try to drain the lake. It probably makes more sense to get as many P3D+ orders to come in before filling them.

It's all guesses and it always is, but we can't help but wonder what the hell is going on in that factory.

Soooooon is what I tell myself.

Reactions: rtshefe and harryph
I have a theory about stealth production. If we assume that they are choosing performance motors via a binning process, then they cannot tell beforehand exactly how many will pass. If they end up with more than they need for the formal performance builds, what do they do with the extras? Just slip them into the LR AWD line? I don't think so. Perhaps they just set them aside temporarily until they have enough for a stealth production run. That would be an easy way to profit from variability in the motor binning process. This would explain the way that they just show up in bunches, and why you cannot pre-order them.

Any one else have issues with Tezzla not displaying cars in inventory?
it's interesting that Tesla decided not to update inventories online. I've been checking Tazz.la in past weeks, nothing available. When I called SA, he told me that there are cars in their inventory. I guess it is only available internally. Or it just could be Tezz.la needs to update its system.

I have a theory about stealth production. If we assume that they are choosing performance motors via a binning process, then they cannot tell beforehand exactly how many will pass. If they end up with more than they need for the formal performance builds, what do they do with the extras? Just slip them into the LR AWD line? I don't think so. Perhaps they just set them aside temporarily until they have enough for a stealth production run. That would be an easy way to profit from variability in the motor binning process. This would explain the way that they just show up in bunches, and why you cannot pre-order them.

I like the way you think. I can totally see this being the reason for them to be able to profit from having extra binned motors laying around. I mean, getting 2k extra for an LR AWD for just using essentially extra parts and loading software is a smart easy way to squeeze more profit out of a single build.

Well, I had a P3D+ on order after I upgraded from a regular LR AWD but I got a bit concerned that it wouldn't make it to me before the end of year (and before my trade-in offer valuation expires) so I scrounged around and was able to find a P3D- in pre-production and get it allocated to me. Fingers crossed that it all works out and I get the car in the next two weeks like the SA said should happen. I think a P3D- is a better fit for me anyways (comes with 18's and I don't wan't the brakes or spoiler) since I live in Northern Utah and have to deal with potholes all year and snow in the winter and I already learned my lesson with big wheels, summer tires and pot holes when I had my Golf R.