Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the stealth is like buying a zr1 but with chevy cobalt brakes and no aero. Imagine if that was a factory option..think of how many they would sell!! exactly..ZERO
somehow, due to the wide demographic that tesla draws they can offer an option like this and it sells like crazy (although its off menu, which seems to point to the fact that tesla even considers it their red-headed step child)
(if any stealth owners are reading this, you are in the performance + room right now..)

Reactions: Adam3 and Haeffelin
the stealth is like buying a zr1 but with chevy cobalt brakes and no aero. Imagine if that was a factory option..think of how many they would sell!! exactly..ZERO
somehow, due to the wide demographic that tesla draws they can offer an option like this and it sells like crazy (although its off menu, which seems to point to the fact that tesla even considers it their red-headed step child)
(if any stealth owners are reading this, you are in the performance + room right now..)

Ok boomer

These must be all the fake Performances (which some people like to call stealth performance).
Tesla labels those vehicles "Performance" on the website and on the invoice.

If you think that's "fake", take it up with those people

You think a 2" wide duckbill spoiler makes the car aero?

• Funny
Reactions: Haeffelin
Oh boy, this thread has taken a turn...

Let’s keep it cordial before a moderator decides to shut down this valuable resource to many waiting for Performance updates!

there are pretty of other threads discussing the discrete differences between the Performance (P3D+) and the “stealth” Performance (P3D-). Clearly there are significant differences that do not allow the factory to make a Performance interchangeably with the Stealths (or you would expect some to have been made already and not following the LRs). Could be parts like spoiler and pedals (hard to believe) or the brake calipers? There are discussions about the most efficient motors being used in the Performance models only. Who knows!

once we get our damn cars, we can spend less time and emotions on this thread!!

Coincidentally, I just received a call from my SA 10 minutes ago. He told me he doesn't think I'm going to get the Performance model I ordered back on 10/9 until the last 2 weeks of December (ordered in Pasadena, CA and picking up from Burbank). He said he does have a Stealth model available for pickup right away in Marina Del Rey - 19" wheels, Midnight Silver / Black interior.

I've already been waiting over 7 weeks so I'm thinking what's a few more, but my current lease is up on 12/7 and then I will be without a car. Well, I have a beat-up Toyota Tundra truck I can drive but it's a bit of a change from the MB C43 AMG I've been driving for the last 3 years, and the Tesla I thought I would be driving right now.

I don't really care about the chrome pedals, not much of a difference I think between 19" and 20" wheels. The wheels on my C43 are 19" and the last about a year and cost a fortune so I can only imagine what the 20" wheels will be like. I really like the large red calipers. I've never seen the spoiler close up so I don't know how much I'm going to miss that. Am I missing anything? The price on the stealth is around $5K less, too.

Decisions, decisions... HELP!

Coincidentally, I just received a call from my SA 10 minutes ago. He told me he doesn't think I'm going to get the Performance model I ordered back on 10/9 until the last 2 weeks of December (ordered in Pasadena, CA and picking up from Burbank). He said he does have a Stealth model available for pickup right away in Marina Del Rey - 19" wheels, Midnight Silver / Black interior.

I've already been waiting over 7 weeks so I'm thinking what's a few more, but my current lease is up on 12/7 and then I will be without a car. Well, I have a beat-up Toyota Tundra truck I can drive but it's a bit of a change from the MB C43 AMG I've been driving for the last 3 years, and the Tesla I thought I would be driving right now.

I don't really care about the chrome pedals, not much of a difference I think between 19" and 20" wheels. The wheels on my C43 are 19" and the last about a year and cost a fortune so I can only imagine what the 20" wheels will be like. I really like the large red calipers. I've never seen the spoiler close up so I don't know how much I'm going to miss that. Am I missing anything? The price on the stealth is around $5K less, too.

I’d say yes at this point.

Bigger red brakes, suspension sits 0.5 inches lower on performance. Sounds like youre trying to justify the stealth to yourself. Ive been through that mental justification purchasing process many a times my friend...good luck on your journey

Tough. Been waiting awhile. I’ve gotten the same offers when I call them...they never call me!

is that the color combo you wanted? Don’t want to have any regrets in a few months! For me, getting black interior is significantly different than getting white. But that’s me! Think long term rather than next two weeks!

this ain’t like ordering the steak instead of the fish