Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Final update: Went to pick up my car from the SLC showroom (excellent car, by the way - I've been loving every second since I first sat in the car), and I saw at least 4-6 performance Model 3s excluding mine. If you ordered before 10/16 and still haven't gotten a VIN, I would maybe start making some calls to Tesla. You should have definitely received a VIN at this point, if not the car itself.

Reactions: Davidkent0012
Well... I just reserved my back up option. This car is already at Salt Lake Tesla Center.

2019, sadly no gray wheels. But, I can get them powder-coated.

Attachments

• 289F0408-974A-46F6-A7EF-09FB7F99745B.png
    289F0408-974A-46F6-A7EF-09FB7F99745B.png
    404.1 KB · Views: 73
I looked into freight train tracking sites but I quickly learned that these companies don't publish any sort of real time information.
The closest thing I could find was this:
Heritage Units
Data is updated by railway fans, so it's very sporadic but at least it gives you a sense of routes and transit times across the country. Someone mentioned Albuquerque earlier - that fits nicely on the Chicago route. Full disclosure I know nothing about trains.

In any case, I hope this will distract some of us who still wait.

Well... I just reserved my back up option. This car is already at Salt Lake Tesla Center.

2019, sadly no gray wheels. But, I can get them powder-coated.

Good for you thought about the same one last night, just want the white/white, grey wheels look cool but don't care because I purchased Tsportline wheels and they are silver so whatever.

I just looked at mine after reading this and it no longer has a window. I ordered on 12/4. Original window was 2-4 weeks. two days later went to 3-5 weeks. Now nothing. Currently no vin in my source code.
Are you able to schedule a delivery appointment by going to tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxxxxx and replacing RNxxxxxxx with your reservation number? My delivery estimate disappeared briefly when I was able to schedule an appointment, although I did also receive a text to schedule.

I'm replacing a 2015 BMW M3. Placed my reservation October 31, in the hopes that I would see it by Christmas. I'm picking it up tonight. That was much faster than I expected. Tesla has obviously ramped up production to meet the demand before the tax credit expires. Is anyone seeing build quality suffer as a result?

Reactions: Type 5 and jon0351
Question on if you ordered your M3P when the price of the performance upgrade was $6,000. I see my account now reflects the new price of $7,000. My SA told me they will honor the $6k price but my account still shows $7k. I am curious if others encounter this as well and outcome.

I ordered it in 10/8 and no vin still- I’m pulling my hair out!