Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My appointment was on Tuesday but I found out that the car was sitting in the parking lot so I flipped out and they gave it to me lol

Attachments

• EF26A5D2-2F17-49C1-A958-83F55C69FCF6.jpeg
    EF26A5D2-2F17-49C1-A958-83F55C69FCF6.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Funny
Reactions: Nrazar
My SA emailed me yesterday to let me know that "all North American outstanding P3D's will be batch-produced in March" and that I will definitely have my car before 4/1. So....I will impatiently while away the days for the next 4-7 weeks.

@WarEagleX I hope your pickup was smooth, and good luck with the weather!

@Popeye....you lucky bastage! Enjoy! Color me jealous as my car is the same as yours but with black interior.

/TCP

Picked her up today. Mind you I'm coming from a 2017 Benz AMG C43 and my other car is a 2020 Land Rover Discovery Landmark - so its got a lot to live up to.

With that said -To be clear, this car is every bit the luxury car as my Benz or the Land Rover. It's every bit the performance car as my Benz AMG. It's every bit as fun as my first car, a 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo Cabriolet. Its every bit as technologically sophisticated as my technology career demands, and it absolutely exceeded my expectations in the first 1 hour alone. No issues with quality - quality is extremely high - paint is perfect - and the white interior is like a high-end, sophisticated living room on wheels. Oh, and the sound system? Yeah, it's every bit as good as the Burmester system in my Benz and more.

So was it worth the wait? The only other time something in my life was worth the wait - I married her ;)

Good luck with your wait guys! I'm off to play Asteroids now :D

Reactions: tcpilot
Picked her up today. Mind you I'm coming from a 2017 Benz AMG C43 and my other car is a 2020 Land Rover Discovery Landmark - so its got a lot to live up to.

With that said -To be clear, this car is every bit the luxury car as my Benz or the Land Rover. It's every bit the performance car as my Benz AMG. It's every bit as fun as my first car, a 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo Cabriolet. Its every bit as technologically sophisticated as my technology career demands, and it absolutely exceeded my expectations in the first 1 hour alone. No issues with quality - quality is extremely high - paint is perfect - and the white interior is like a high-end, sophisticated living room on wheels. Oh, and the sound system? Yeah, it's every bit as good as the Burmester system in my Benz and more.

So was it worth the wait? The only other time something in my life was worth the wait - I married her ;)

I’m glad there’s creep/hold mode. How else am I going to get used to not having the 3rd pedal from my 2008 BMW e60 M5? I’m just done worrying about all the things that can go wrong with a gas car. Things can go wrong with electric but there’s a lot less.
Congrats man!

Congrats WarE! Thanks for reporting back. Have you started putting on all your doo-dads yet?

Congrats WarE! Thanks for reporting back. Have you started putting on all your doo-dads yet?
I did. I've put in the carbon fiber wrap for the console, the wireless phone charger, and did some wrap overlays so the Tesla T's are red. I'm gonna do the badge delete tomorrow and then chrome delete this weekend. The wife keeps walking by and shaking her head. Only thing is I can't get the XBox controllers to work yet :-(

• Funny
Reactions: IDRVSLO
I did. I've put in the carbon fiber wrap for the console, the wireless phone charger, and did some wrap overlays so the Tesla T's are red. I'm gonna do the badge delete tomorrow and then chrome delete this weekend. The wife keeps walking by and shaking her head. Only thing is I can't get the XBox controllers to work yet :-(

What a fun time! Not surprised to hear you also chose carbon fiber wrap lol. Got off the phone with my detailer I plan to have my PPF done by. I have some vinyl I plan to put on the exterior door handles and emblems (carbon fiber). Interestingly, he told me not to put them on first. They need to go on in-between the ppf and the ceramic coat. Just sharing that as I was planning on putting on all the exterior trim pieces (got vinyl "eye brows" too) then taking it in for ppf. He saved me some peeling off work :D

I did my door handles too, but I did them in the white pearl to match the body, so the door handles would "disappear" I think I like the effect. I'm waiting on the carbon fiber turn signal shells now.

Speaking of wrap. The dealer highly advised to do a clear wrap for the front of the car. He said that the ceramic coat is like scotch guard for your sofa so it will keep it cleaner between washes but doesn't do anything for dings. He did advise to get a clear wrap for the front of the car though.

I did my door handles too, but I did them in the white pearl to match the body, so the door handles would "disappear" I think I like the effect. I'm waiting on the carbon fiber turn signal shells now.

Speaking of wrap. The dealer highly advised to do a clear wrap for the front of the car. He said that the ceramic coat is like scotch guard for your sofa so it will keep it cleaner between washes but doesn't do anything for dings. He did advise to get a clear wrap for the front of the car though.

It's going to look great, post some pic when done! 'm going to wrap the whole thing, taken me months to get over how much it costs but I really don't want to damage this huge investment with door dings and rock chips. Will be ceramic coating the ppf too. Haven't decided on matte ppf or gloss though. My detail shop has done both on white and he said he'd send me some pics to help me decide.

I picked up my Performance M3. I had to go to TX to pick it up and drive it back to Oklahoma. I was very impressed with the car! Autopilot was better than expected. I may add FSD sooner than later. HA! I will keep you updated as I actually get some use out of the car. But, my car had zero defects at delivery. I am very happy.

Great timing! I'm going to KC to pick up my performance tomorrow and bring it back to OK. Your experience gives me hope that I won't be stranded in KC with a terrible paint job and chipped roof. :D

Ordered Date Feb 4. My SA advised late March for delivery.
By comparing delivery dates from previous quarter, the delivery avg 3-4 weeks.

Then I was reading the LR Waiting Room and there some peeps ordered on November.

Does Tesla have intervals of which models are being made?

I'm back --

Last quarter i got in line and waited forever to take delivery of a AWD-M3 (white with FSD and aero wheels) ..

turns out that my wife loves that car so much that she wants it for herself. -- so being the kind husband i am -- i have given her the car, and now am back in line waiting for another model 3

this time i've orderd a P3D - Silver .. without FSD. (Order date 2-11)

Let the waiting begin -- i'm pretty sure the car will come at the end of march.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nrazar
For those of you who have picked up a Model 3 Performance recently (or any model with Premium interior): Does your car / account have Premium Connectivity trial for 1 year? Mine didn’t & I’m having a very hard time trying to get this resolved (support is telling me that my configuration doesn’t come with any Premium Connectivity trial, which is inconsistent with the info that’s on their website).

For those of you who have picked up a Model 3 Performance recently (or any model with Premium interior): Does your car / account have Premium Connectivity trial for 1 year? Mine didn’t & I’m having a very hard time trying to get this resolved (support is telling me that my configuration doesn’t come with any Premium Connectivity trial, which is inconsistent with the info that’s on their website).
I was under the impression that SR models come with one month and AWD models get one year, regardless of interior options. When did you take delivery?