Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perhaps someone could answer a question concerning fuel cells in Japan...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JohnSnowNW

Feb 13, 2015
Minnesota
Hi all, was wondering if someone could shed some light on the overall perception of the Mirai in Japan, or FCEVs in general. Just wondering if anyone has information that I don't have access to, due to the language barrier.

Everything I've read seems to point that the Govt. is pushing for them...but I'm just wondering if the public is really interested. I mean, Toyota certainly seems committed, on paper.

Thanks, all!

To be honest, I have not seen one on the road to date.
I live in Tokyo and pretty much run across every new car sooner or later...

Hi all, was wondering if someone could shed some light on the overall perception of the Mirai in Japan, or FCEVs in general. Just wondering if anyone has information that I don't have access to, due to the language barrier.

Everything I've read seems to point that the Govt. is pushing for them...but I'm just wondering if the public is really interested. I mean, Toyota certainly seems committed, on paper.

Thanks, all!

I've seen one once in Nagoya so it might be Toyota engineers.

2015/05/28 15:53 ミライ æ°´ã‚’æ’’ã 伊勢湾岸é“上り刈谷PA-豊田JCT - YouTube
My dashcam.

The public somehow know about it. At least much better than Tesla. No H2 stations though. Near my home nothing. Near office, one is open only a few days a week, usually only in the morning (then the station moves to other location). So it's like offering food for refugees...

I've seen one once in Nagoya so it might be Toyota engineers.

2015/05/28 15:53 ミライ æ°´ã‚’æ’’ã￾￾ 伊勢湾岸é￾“上り刈谷PA-豊田JCT - YouTube
My dashcam.

The public somehow know about it. At least much better than Tesla. No H2 stations though. Near my home nothing. Near office, one is open only a few days a week, usually only in the morning (then the station moves to other location). So it's like offering food for refugees...

Thanks for the info!