Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Permanent Trailer Mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use a single 1up rack and it clears the truck with no issue. When I need to carry two bikes I just bolt on the attachment.
Thinking of picking up the single 1up as well. I’ve got the double kuat with the +2 add on in the garage. 99% of the time Im just carrying my bike so its overkill for my daily needs. Just selling anything bike related right now sux.

Interesting…so you think if I keep that plugged in the car will assume I am towing and stay in trailer mode?

It literally takes me 5 seconds to put it in trailer mode when I head out but would be nice to not have to, every single time.

I’ve tried trailer mode with the bike rack and it’s worse than just hearing the alerts in reverse. In trailer mode you can’t use autopilot. Also not sure if you have noticed. If you’re in trailer mode and you put the turnsignal on. It flashes at twice the rate. Kinda like cars that have a bulb out. Trailer mode wasn’t designed for bike racks. Now if they would come out with bike rack mode. That would be perfect
Yeah I have a Piston Pro X, and the turn signal thing drives me nuts as well. I did notice the other day though that it only happen when the headlights are on, during the day when lights are off, the turn signals are normal.

I’ve tried that, and no it doesn’t work unfortunately
Are you saying that the tester does not put the car in trailer mode, or that it doesn't keep it in trailer mode continuously? Just curious.

It literally takes me 5 seconds to put it in trailer mode
How do you do this? The manual says to go to "Pedals and Steering" and you have a "Trailer Mode" option. I just had the Tow Hitch installed yesterday and I don't have that option. In fact, I can't find a place anywhere to turn on or off "Trailer Mode".

Thanks.

Are you saying that the tester does not put the car in trailer mode, or that it doesn't keep it in trailer mode continuously? Just curious.

How do you do this? The manual says to go to "Pedals and Steering" and you have a "Trailer Mode" option. I just had the Tow Hitch installed yesterday and I don't have that option. In fact, I can't find a place anywhere to turn on or off "Trailer Mode".

Thanks.
It should be at the very bottom of “Pedals and Steering”