Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pet and Cargo protector for the back area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stand corrected. I had seen the 60/40 style but didn't realize that there were two zippers to accommodate either 60/40 or 40/60. I like the quilted material of this version better than the smooth one above.

I can never keep track of who actually has the cars and who's waiting. You must have one of these, right? My understanding is that the length of the cargo area behind the 2nd row is 52" and these liners are 86" before the bumper flap. About how many extra inches of the cargo liner itself do you end up with to fold below?

It also looks like the width of the material is more than the X's width. Does the excess stay put? I don't know if you use this with dogs.

On the video there is a gap in the floor behind the seat back. Is that because you had the seats set forward? If you set them to the back most position does that gap disappear?

Do you also have the zippered version? If you've used it, how does the zipper length fit with the seat back height? Is the zipper long enough to reach the floor of the cargo area?

Sorry to bombard you with all theses questions, but I'm still trying to figure out if I can make the 6-seater (my preferred) work for me, even though I've already ordered the 5-seater, I can still change it. This solution could possibly keep my dogs from going into the 2nd row area and I could also use something like what swissbirdy suggested above in conjunction with this. I just have to decide if the area behind the 2nd row is big enough for all three dogs.

I have both, the one with and without the zipper for the middle seat (though I have a 6-seater). I don't have any pets so I only use my liner during road trips or when I haul large items. The rest of the time it stays in my frunk.

The width is good but the length is a bit longer so I can either fold it or tuck the rest into the deep sorage compartment in the trunk.

With the rest seats fully backed, the gap is pretty much gone.

Yup, the zipped one is long enough to reach the floor to carry long items and then closed back up to prevent anything from going from the trunk to the passenger compartment

I have both, the one with and without the zipper for the middle seat (though I have a 6-seater). I don't have any pets so I only use my liner during road trips or when I haul large items. The rest of the time it stays in my frunk.

The width is good but the length is a bit longer so I can either fold it or tuck the rest into the deep sorage compartment in the trunk.

With the rest seats fully backed, the gap is pretty much gone.

Yup, the zipped one is long enough to reach the floor to carry long items and then closed back up to prevent anything from going from the trunk to the passenger compartment
Thanks, K-MTG, looks like this will do the trick if I end up with enough room for the dogs in that cargo area.

I've decided that the 6-seat won't work for me, so I'm going to stay with the 5-seat. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the length of the cargo area from the back to hanging the liner on the headrests of the front seats. I'm concerned that even the XL version of the liner (86") won't be long enough for my application. Do you by any chance have any information about this? I've emailed 4Knine about it, but I doubt they will know anything about this car.

I've decided that the 6-seat won't work for me, so I'm going to stay with the 5-seat. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the length of the cargo area from the back to hanging the liner on the headrests of the front seats. I'm concerned that even the XL version of the liner (86") won't be long enough for my application. Do you by any chance have any information about this? I've emailed 4Knine about it, but I doubt they will know anything about this car.

The length is actually very long thus I have to fold it over each other to close the trunk

I tried a couple of covers and gave up. They pulled or tugged and ended up balled up or twisted. I finally decided that its just a cargo area and gave my dog her own bed. I have a 5 seater with plenty of cargo space underneath, and she's go the entire back comfortably to herself. A quick vacuum and everyone's happy. Sometimes simple works. (I have an old utility/moving blanket to cover the entire 2nd/3rd row area if I am hauling stuff.)

IMG_1241.JPG

Reactions: *KT*
We used the the following pat/cargo barrier in our Model X:
Heininger 3048 PortablePET Pet Partition (adjustable 27" to 45")
Then we added a third rung so our smaller dog doesn't make it to the 2nd row:
Heininger 3049 PortablePET Pet Partition Add-On RungView attachment 189429
Thanks for the photos and links. Just ordered mine for my husky!
We used the the following pat/cargo barrier in our Model X:
Heininger 3048 PortablePET Pet Partition (adjustable 27" to 45")
Then we added a third rung so our smaller dog doesn't make it to the 2nd row:
Heininger 3049 PortablePET Pet Partition Add-On RungView attachment 189429
Thanks for the photos and link! Just ordered a set for my husky!

I tried a couple of covers and gave up. They pulled or tugged and ended up balled up or twisted. I finally decided that its just a cargo area and gave my dog her own bed. I have a 5 seater with plenty of cargo space underneath, and she's go the entire back comfortably to herself. A quick vacuum and everyone's happy. Sometimes simple works. (I have an old utility/moving blanket to cover the entire 2nd/3rd row area if I am hauling stuff.)

View attachment 228908
I like that dog bed very much. can you remember the make/manufacturer, maybe I can find a version available in Europe (but a quick Amazon search produces nothing like the one you have.

I like that dog bed very much. can you remember the make/manufacturer, maybe I can find a version available in Europe (but a quick Amazon search produces nothing like the one you have.

Hi Shane......I took a self-imposed TMC timeout ;) apologies for the delay. I have one of these in each car, slightly different styles, and they're both fabulous. I bought them at Orvis, Orvis Quality Dog Products -- Orvis.