Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E PTO Tesla fumbling the ball multiple times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They have a target on your back also? So sorry to hear
I think so, do not know WTF is up with them and all this BS. Tesla is going to send someone out to jump through the hoops of taking all of the measurements with tape measure. Wonder if they will need to do it while showing GPS coordinates on google maps to make sure its for the same house as well as the current days newspaper, and then someone to notarize everything...would not surprise me...

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
Now PG&E has sent another email to Tesla on March 11th requesting pictures of the measurements with the tool used to measure the distances from the gas riser...Why is this so difficult....

I'm surprised PG&E doesn't just send their own Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW) to inspect and measure. My riser is only 26" from my MSP and PG&E wanted proof from their own QEW so they could then kick me in the nuts real hard over the 36" rule.

I'm surprised PG&E doesn't just send their own Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW) to inspect and measure. My riser is only 26" from my MSP and PG&E wanted proof from their own QEW so they could then kick me in the nuts real hard over the 36" rule.
The closest AC/DC unit to the gas riser is 64 inches...

AC DC Measurements.jpg

Reactions: jjrandorin
All the communications wiring for the house, which is 36 inches from the center of the gas riser.

Yeah I was going to guess that box is the coax / phone etc coming into your home, as that is exactly what mine looks like too. Its pretty obvious that everything electrical related is more than 36 inches away...

I thought SCE was annoying, but they are just annoying, not outright adversarial like it appears PGE is based on experiences relayed here.

Maybe PG&E thinks you're sizing your solar system up too large relative to your recent consumption?
That could be. I argued with Tesla when they did the application because they did not bother to add up all my real consumption but used the value from a recent invoice that had existing solar on it and also did not factor in the car etc. They said PG&E never looked at that anyway. I was suspicious.

My total solar production is a fraction of my homes consumption with heating, A/C and the car, even in COVID.

Yeah. The PWs, along with existing solar last year, took less than 30 days.:confused:

My vote, based on what we have seen on these boards for northern cal / PGE territory recently, js that PGE likely asked Tesla for "something" or asked them to re-submit " something" a few different times, and each time PGE asks tesla, its 2-3 weeks for them to get whatever it is back to PGE.

My vote, based on what we have seen on these boards for northern cal / PGE territory recently, js that PGE likely asked Tesla for "something" or asked them to re-submit " something" a few different times, and each time PGE asks tesla, its 2-3 weeks for them to get whatever it is back to PGE.
PG&E admitted such. And told whenever they do that they restart a 30 day countdown clock. So I have to miss behaved companies that just don't care taking their sweet time on my dime.

My roof+poweralls project is about to complete, this thread interests and frightens me :/
Is there a particular department contact I should have at PG&E to get to the finish line? Any recommendations on how to navigate Tesla + PG&E bureaucracies to get off the grid ASAP would be appreciated.