Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom draw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the cause of my phantom draw while car is parked? Is that battery conditioning?
5C3D020C-3AC7-47E3-8E22-66D5F58D7C27.jpeg

Earlier this winter I observed a similar drop is state of charge (SOC) of the battery in my 2020 LRMY while parked. I attributed this overnight low temperatures <28F where in the past my Tesla Model Y will lose 3% SOC overnight due to lower cold weather battery performance. Also, cell balancing could be the source of the drop in SOC. If this persists try rebooting.

If you tap on the “Park” tab it should give you a breakdown of what used energy when parked. But most of the time it’s just used by “Vehicle Standby” which doesn’t tell you anything.

Sometimes my Model 3 loses 1% or less in 24 hours while parked, other times it loses nearly 4% in just my 7-8 hour work day. 🤷🏻‍♂️

3B115E94-BB63-407B-9793-81EDE6AF7E39.jpeg

Phantom draw continues. Could be balancing or battery heating. I park outside.
View attachment 907451View attachment 907452
Have you tried rebooting?

What is the version of the Tesla software?

In my experience other than when preparing to charge my 2020 LRMY will only perform battery warming while Preconditioning via the Tesla app. If cold enough battery warming can take place even if my Model Y is not plugged in while Preconditioning. I have recently observed battery warming while plugged when Preconditioning via the Tesla app at the end of a 90 minute Level 2 charging session where I would not have expected battery warming to be needed or take place.

Last edited: