Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom GTW_w026 error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I bought my '15 MS 70D (MCU1) Oct last year and shortly after I started getting the GTW_w026 error code only during some decelerations.
After experimenting with different ways of decelerating, I narrowed it to only appearing almost exclusively when I was lessening the regen braking with a tiny bit of accel pedal to lengthen the braking distance, it would pop up at around 10-15 mph (near the end of regen braking)
So I found that if I didn't touch the accel pedal until about 20-25mph, just enough to leave regen, the error wouldn't pop up.

I continued to drive like that for months. Then, at some point, maybe after a software update, I noticed that the error code just stopped popping up, and I've driven normally for another few months.
I just downloaded the latest software update, and wouldn't you know, the error code is back.

I've seen that this code is related to the battery heater coolant. But I haven't changed my driving habits, no long trips, just normal commutes for the most part.
Don't think it's weather related because this was happening initially in the fall/winter, now it's hot.

It really does seem to be something related to the software. It's not affecting the drivability, just annoying.

But my battery and DU warranty are up in 2 weeks, so I just don't want to ignore this like before, then it turns into something I could've taken care of under warranty. If it is just the battery heater coolant, I know that's not covered anyway.

Anyone else experience anything like this?