TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Phone App: iPhone app login?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by nickt, Feb 8, 2013.

1. nickt

nickt Member

I've seen some other mentions of people who have signed in to the iPhone app but then get a message about, "No cars linked to your account" or something similar. When I try to login, I get a failed username/password combo.

My car is supposed to be ready in about a week. Do I use the same login I do at teslamotors.com? Do I need to register a new account somewhere?

thanks,
    -Nick

2. K Hall

K Hall Member

it is your TM.com sign in name and password. They won't activate your car until delivery

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Don't forget that the password is cap sensitive.

4. nickt

nickt Member

I'm confident I'm typing it in correctly. I suspect either the app won't let me login until I get my car, or it has a bug when users have a '+' in their email address. I'll troubleshoot it with Tesla next week when I pick up my car.

5. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

A good old URL encoding (or lack thereof) bug.

<embarrassed for a fellow developer> :)

6. rlpm

rlpm S P85 | Sig X _P90D_

Yeah, I agree with GG.

Try using %2B in place of the + in your email address when logging in.

Or go to your profile on the TM site and change your username to something without + in it and try using that username instead of your email address to log into the app.

7. nickt

nickt Member

I'm also an engineer, and *sigh*, they have a URL encoding bug. I did get logged in by using %2b instead of +. I'll file a bug with TM.

8. rlpm

rlpm S P85 | Sig X _P90D_

Doh! facepalm

9. Electric Dreamer

My phone opens the ap sometimes, and then says there is no car....such a tease! But the car is in production, so I'm patiently (biting nails) waiting! :cool: