Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

phone key Auto Unlock unreliable recently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same experience here when I upgraded from an iPhone 7 to the 11 Pro. Sometimes if my 7 was in my back pocket, I'd have to do a Hula Dance or a "turn yourself around" move to unlock the car but using the 11 Pro to unlock often mimics using the key card.

Same experience here when I upgraded from an iPhone 7 to the 11 Pro. Sometimes if my 7 was in my back pocket, I'd have to do a Hula Dance or a "turn yourself around" move to unlock the car but using the 11 Pro to unlock often mimics using the key card.
Same experience with a Samsung Note 8 and a Note 9, good to know its not just samsung products that make the car behave like that.

Reactions: daranello
Has anyone else had issues with their phone key lately? I originally had a OnePlus 5 that rarely worked as a key...bought a pixel 3 and it had been flawless until about two weeks ago. Now it's actually almost worse than the op5 was...trunk unlock literally never works unless I take the phone out of my pocket and unlock it, and now door unlock has started doing the same thing more often than not.
What's really embarrassing is when the Sentry mode effects start kicking in. At that point my wife (who is a tech skeptic) starts chirping "you do have your key card, right?" And yes, I agree with others in that if you're all alone it unlocks the doors still 5 paces away. When people are watching is when it craps out.