Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone key issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use android. Wife uses Ios. Both have issues. Earlier the Tesla would recognize us as we approach and could open the door without having to explicitly open the door from the app. Now we have to open the door thru the app and then use the key card to start
Does it work if you tap your phone to the B-pillar? You don't need the Tesla app open, you just need to unlock the phone, and make sure no apps are in the foreground. I've never had it fail to unlock/lock or start the car. You don't even need wireless enabled, the phone can be in airplane mode.

I use android. Wife uses Ios. Both have issues. Earlier the Tesla would recognize us as we approach and could open the door without having to explicitly open the door from the app. Now we have to open the door thru the app and then use the key card to start
Could be related to the worldwide issues from Friday and Saturday. You can try uninstalling both apps from your phones. I would also try a reboot on the car. Hold both steering wheel scroll wheels down until screen goes black, then wait for it to reboot.