Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone key question...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same. 1 key card for all 3 cars...

But the phone, IMO, is the best quality of life improvement over ICE vehicles. I received 2 FOBs with my 2022 MS, but only use them for valet. The phone is pretty flawless at unlocking doors when I make approach, seat position/profile. It actually does a great job even if my wife gets in the car first with her phone in the passenger seat. I sit in the drivers seat and it loads my profile (she's even the primary in the MS).

With the widgets you can have quick access to unlock the doors, truck, frunk, etc. I'd never go back to keys.
The big complaint I have is that auto open and walk away lock don’t work, at all. Are you having this issue?

You mean with phone as key? it works perfectly for me. Rock solid. Make sure you have the Tesla app location services set to "always" rather than the default "Only when (the app) in use.
I do 😔. I also now bring the fob with me and it still doesn’t do it. Should I put in a service request? It will unlock, it doesn’t auto open and it doesn’t auto lock when I walk away

I do 😔. I also now bring the fob with me and it still doesn’t do it. Should I put in a service request? It will unlock, it doesn’t auto open and it doesn’t auto lock when I walk away
It should work equally well with your phone as key, as it does with a fob. If neither work, maybe you do not have the feature activated properly on the car. Go through the manual once more and make sure you are doing it correctly. You also have to set it correctly under "Locks" on the car. If you can't get it to work, by all means, open a ticket on it.