Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lil front end Friday
9A24AA37-3FB0-48F4-8C23-583D0F822D3C.jpeg

Hi there, was wondering how these wheels have held up for you? I am interested but a few bad reviews and recommendations to stay away has kept me skeptical. Any feedback is appreciated!
Hi, the wheels have held up fine. I am not sure which bad reviews or concerns you have? If you can tell me more I will be happy to tell you my honest opinion. With that being said, for me I think the price for flow formed wheels really were not bad and hence why I went with them. They weight about 23-24 lbs and I mean that is much better than any cast wheels in the same price range. Let me know though!

Hi, the wheels have held up fine. I am not sure which bad reviews or concerns you have? If you can tell me more I will be happy to tell you my honest opinion. With that being said, for me I think the price for flow formed wheels really were not bad and hence why I went with them. They weight about 23-24 lbs and I mean that is much better than any cast wheels in the same price range. Let me know though!
There's on in particular, on YouTube, you can do the search and easily find it. Also, have seen way too many pictures of them cracked, etc. Again, that could be hitting a pot hole doing above 50mph.

There's on in particular, on YouTube, you can do the search and easily find it. Also, have seen way too many pictures of them cracked, etc. Again, that could be hitting a pot hole doing above 50mph.
Interesting. Hmm well I have not had any problem with cracking or bending at this time, and there are a fair amount of potholes in the bay area. With that being said I do try to be more careful as with my stock 20" wheels, I hit a pothole and ended up getting two flat tires (due to the low profile tires). Honestly, speaking I don't think these are per say weaker than other wheels. I mean they may not be as strong as forged wheels but I think for the price the weight savings from being a flow formed wheel is very nice.

Fellow road rider here too, you don't just put your seats down and the bike in the trunk?

i dont like putting the bike in the interior that way -- besides it being a pain to put the bike in without taking off the wheels / using a chain keeper i also don't want my frame sliding around in the interior. way more convenient with the 1up system.

the stealth hitch is nice -- when not in use i can just unlatch the reciever and replace the bottom plastic plate and the car goes back to looking stock.

i dont like putting the bike in the interior that way -- besides it being a pain to put the bike in without taking off the wheels / using a chain keeper i also don't want my frame sliding around in the interior. way more convenient with the 1up system.

the stealth hitch is nice -- when not in use i can just unlatch the reciever and replace the bottom plastic plate and the car goes back to looking stock.
I get it. For me the ease of just taking the wheel off, sliding the seats down and putting the bike in the back works. But I do get not wanting the chain to scratch the frame, bike sliding around, dirt, etc.