Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic request: How are your seats holding up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm on the fence trying to decide between grey leather and black textile. The silky soft Nappa leather feels great new, but based on prior experiences with smooth leather, I'm concerned about premature wear. At the same time, I wouldn't mind more pictures of black textile interior; I've seen a few from several months ago, but any more pictures would help with my decision. I'm concerned that it might be too dark inside, what with the piano black trim and all.

If you could include the build date and current mileage with pics of your current seat wear, that would be tremendously helpful as well!

Regards,

Michael

I have tan leather with a bit over 8,000 miles and the seats look good. I did have a black scuff on the back seat I think from someone's belt or other article of clothing, but I was able to rub it out with some leather cleaner and a rag.

I've always had dark interiors in the past and do worry a bit that the light tan color is going to show more wear and tear over the years.

Any advice on leather protection products? The only experience I've had was on a past car where I used some sort of leather treatment that made the seats so slippery, I could barely keep from sliding out under my seatbelt. Until it wore off a bit, I used to actually have to cinch up the seatbelt by hand when cornering! I swore off the stuff after that, but would consider any recommendations for a non-slippery product.

>3000 miles and leather still looks new.

I have used Meguiars leather products and they work great. They do make the leather slightly slippery but nothing significant. I used it almost exclusively (and regularly) on the 2007 Lexus IS that I had before my Model S and the leather was in remarkable condition after 108,000 miles.

I would get the leather in the S, it is very supple. I was going to get the textile too, but couldn't resist the leather after sitting in the car.