Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked-up M3 today and car pulls to the right on highway...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, interesting to see the vivid discussion here, and thank you again for all of your inputs:

Updates on my car: sent to SC today, performed an alignment and the report clearly showed that the front right wheel was off-alignment and beyond the tolerance margin (marked as red color from the automated generated report). The car drives smoothly straight after the alignment.

I used to lease 2 VWs, 2 Lexuses, none of them had any problems when I drove out of the dealership. The mileage of the 4 cars are all ~50 miles, which are far more than my new M3 (only 11 miles).

I have the knowledge of wheel misalignment issue, mainly learned from my very first 5-yr used car after hitting a rock on the road:)

----------------

Unfortunately, after the SC repaired the misalignment, the navigation became malfunction (location service freezes so that you cannot use navigation and autopilot anymore). The SC said they cannot repair the issue today since they need ~7 days to perform a diagnosis from several components from the satellite receiver to central computer, and recommended to return my M3 since the repair will go beyond the return policy period.

I then drove to the delivery center to try to see any alternative solutions. One staff helped upgrade the firmware, which solved the problem.

The experience during the first 24h with my M3 is really negative haha. I almost never thought about buying a car instead of leasing and seems leasing is still more hassle-free. However, Tesla's leasing deal is awful. I need to buy the car and take care of the ownership.

So sorry that your first 24 hours involved such a hassle. That said, now that it seems everything is sorted, take it out and drive the heck out of it...I predict your next 24 hours will put a big grin on your face!

I just wish that Elon would get an Operations Management Team into Tesla with the same level of passion and vision that he and the engineers put into designing the cars. If the quality control / inventory management / communication / service wait times were anywhere near being on par with the amazing cars, Tesla would be a truly unstoppable force. It is very odd to me that Elon seems to be so blind to this and/or incapable of making it happen. It would seem to me that doing things like managing parts inventory and communication with customers is far, far easier than figuring out how to design a car that has a 310 mile range, does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds and drives like a dream -- all for 1/3 the price of any other "Super Car" that comes close in performance!

Wow, interesting to see the vivid discussion here, and thank you again for all of your inputs:

Updates on my car: sent to SC today, performed an alignment and the report clearly showed that the front right wheel was off-alignment and beyond the tolerance margin (marked as red color from the automated generated report). The car drives smoothly straight after the alignment.

I used to lease 2 VWs, 2 Lexuses, none of them had any problems when I drove out of the dealership. The mileage of the 4 cars are all ~50 miles, which are far more than my new M3 (only 11 miles).

I have the knowledge of wheel misalignment issue, mainly learned from my very first 5-yr used car after hitting a rock on the road:)

----------------

Unfortunately, after the SC repaired the misalignment, the navigation became malfunction (location service freezes so that you cannot use navigation and autopilot anymore). The SC said they cannot repair the issue today since they need ~7 days to perform a diagnosis from several components from the satellite receiver to central computer, and recommended to return my M3 since the repair will go beyond the return policy period.

I then drove to the delivery center to try to see any alternative solutions. One staff helped upgrade the firmware, which solved the problem.

The experience during the first 24h with my M3 is really negative haha. I almost never thought about buying a car instead of leasing and seems leasing is still more hassle-free. However, Tesla's leasing deal is awful. I need to buy the car and take care of the ownership.

No, don't do anything, yet.

Drive it for a while. The car "supposedly" self calibrates to the crown of the roads you typically drive.

This is NOT Autosteering calibration I'm referring to.

I just read it the other day on this or another forum. I was shocked the car does this. I forget how many miles it takes for it to recalibrate.

Try googling around to find more info. It could certainly have an alignment issue, but it might not and you only end up making things worse.

EDIT: Also double check air pressures.

For those that don’t believe the car has some forms of self calibration. Even a steering wheel out of center can make you feel like the car is pulling to the right or left.

@VQTRVA @Wooloomooloo

P3D+ Spontaneous Alignment Issue