Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my Model X Sig today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great! My wife has contended that 6 seater is the better option. I concur if the 3rd row is up, but I'm sure she'll always drive with it down -_-

Any pics from the driver seat facing rear?

seems like more people selected ultra white seat than tan and black!

i like ultra white seat too, but feel the "panda" black plastic back is difficult to accept. the plastic back should be white color or light gray to match well with the ultra white seat.

Looks great! My wife has contended that 6 seater is the better option. I concur if the 3rd row is up, but I'm sure she'll always drive with it down -_-

Any pics from the driver seat facing rear?

Traffic was terrible as usual in north Jersey since my DS spent almost 3 hours going over everything with me, so by the time I got home it was dark out. Just took the couple photos in my garage. But I really like the 6 seats. Nice space between the 2nd row and a clear view out the back in the rear view mirror. And most important my wife likes the layout. I'll take some more photos tomorrow.

My issue with the shiny black seat backs is the fingerprints, scratches, etc. My S has some sort of softer finish vinyl that actually seems to self-heal if it gets a dent in it. Helps a lot with my dog barrier leaving dents. They go away after a week or so. I was pleasantly surprised. The shiny finish looks like a lot of work to keep looking good and very unforgiving for kids and dogs.

One other thing is that they couldn't give me a temporary title at delivery at the pickup in Springfield, NJ Service Center. They said it would come in the mail in 7 days, so I can't get a permanent title in Pennsylvania (and pay the sales tax) until I get that paperwork. And they told me it wouldn't have mattered if I had taken delivery at Devon in PA. Just a way the state of Pennsylvania makes it a bit harder to buy a Tesla. And longer I have to wait to apply for the limited $2,000 Alternative Fuel Vehicle rebate (that I then have to pay taxes on). Apparently there are few EV's sold in PA or else customers aren't told about it. Alternative Fuel Vehicles

FWI:
I picked up my X in NJ on Wednesday last week, and the papers you're waiting for were delivered FedEx that Friday.

BTW, your garage looks a lot like mine. Same color Model X inside too!

My issue with the shiny black seat backs is the fingerprints, scratches, etc. My S has some sort of softer finish vinyl that actually seems to self-heal if it gets a dent in it. Helps a lot with my dog barrier leaving dents. They go away after a week or so. I was pleasantly surprised. The shiny finish looks like a lot of work to keep looking good and very unforgiving for kids and dogs.

We will definitely wrap it in a matte vinyl wrap. The shiny thing is too bling and too impractical.

We will definitely wrap it in a matte vinyl wrap. The shiny thing is too bling and too impractical.

I'm probably going to do the same. I was surprised at the fact that it is a hard shell glossy plastic. For some reason I thought it was just a thin soft plastic from the photos I have seen. I do really like the quality of the rest of the interior. Seats are wonderful. Will need all weather mats though. The carpet ones won't do with snow, rain and mud. I'm really glad my DS, John suggested going with the black Alcantara Headliner. That combined with the Dark Ash (which only has a very fine, barely perceptible grain) and the black carpet really look rich with the white seats.

One thing I found out that I haven't seen elsewhere is that all X's have the hardware for Ludicrous mode, but the $10,000 option is to activate it in firmware and change the badge on the back of the car. They actually had my car setup for Ludicrous but that was the one option I didn't select when ordering. So they hooked up a computer to the X and removed it. Honestly the X is pretty fast on Sport Mode. I haven't tried Insane yet because it was pouring rain today.
Maybe all Sig X's because they're P's, and actually not that surprising when you think about it. I highly doubt that will be the case with the regular 90.

Anyway, that would be cool to be able to go back to them later for a Ludicrous upgrade once you get used to the Insane and it's not quick enough! ;-)

Oh yeah, forgot to say Congratulations!

Maybe all Sig X's because they're P's, and actually not that surprising when you think about it. I highly doubt that will be the case with the regular 90.

Anyway, that would be cool to be able to go back to them later for a Ludicrous upgrade once you get used to the Insane and it's not quick enough!
I disagree. They developed the required HW, a switch and a fuse as part of an effort to have a million mile drive-train. It probably costs Tesla an extra $50-$300.

madodel: Gorgeous car! Congratulations :biggrin:.

I disagree. They developed the required HW, a switch and a fuse as part of an effort to have a million mile drive-train. It probably costs Tesla an extra $50-$300.
Except for the fact that a regular 90 still doesn't have the rear performance motor, which for Ludicrous to actually be, you know, as quick as Ludicrous can be, might be important to have. ;-)

As for the fuse, I don't disagree.

Congratulations! So pleased to read that your Model X is working perfectly. Enjoy those new Superchargers in Pennsylvania! I hope to visit the Allentown area later this year with Model X.

Let us know if any creases appear on the perforated white leatherette over time. It can occur with the thinner leather.