Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my MYP 37 hours after ordering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MYP White on Black, no tow, no fsd on 9/28 @ 10am EDD: Sept - Oct 2022
Received a call from Tesla Advisor 9/29 @ 1:30pm saying car is ready for home delivery on 9/30. App still did not have VIN assigned.
I chose to pickup in-person at the Burbank location.
Received a text 2 hours later saying car is ready for pickup 9/29 if I'm available.
Scheduled for pickup @ 5pm. Delivery was super easy. VIN is F558 (Fremont build) with extended trim but no cargo cover with Michelins
Everything looked good except there was some plastic film underneath the roof behind the trim pieces.
Must be the end of quarter push and/or cancelled order.

Reactions: theocguy
Tesla has them in inventory now. I checked yesterday and they had a few black on black, white on white. Black on white, white on black.

They also have quite a few demo units in inventory as well. Tons available on used market also.

Softening demand due to increased prices and tax credit available on 1/1/23.

BTW the ones in inventory most of them are listed with FSD which they should remove upon request reducing the price by $15,000.

Has it been confirmed that the tax credit applies to all Teslas?
There are dozens of threads for this scattered across TMC.

Confirmed there is zero federal tax credit right now for anyone taking delivery since a) Tesla ran out of credits a few years ago due to sales caps and b) the refreshed law doesn't take effect until Jan 1 2023.

There are dozens of threads for this scattered across TMC.

Confirmed there is zero federal tax credit right now for anyone taking delivery since a) Tesla ran out of credits a few years ago due to sales caps and b) the refreshed law doesn't take effect until Jan 1 2023.
I get that. I was referring to the 2023 law and whether it has been confirmed that Teslas will qualify.

I get that. I was referring to the 2023 law and whether it has been confirmed that Teslas will qualify.
I haven’t seen anything in writing from the IRS so I wouldn’t bank on it. However MY should qualify for 2023 provided MSRP is below 80k. M3 likely only SR will qualify as LR and P MSRP too high.

In 2024 battery sourcing stuff kicks in. This is my understanding. I haven’t studied it and it’s complicated. Hopefully the IRS will release some guidance soon on which vehicles qualify for 2023.

Reactions: Manbutter