Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gave 1 day to schedule delivery and then cancelled order, contract says we have 3 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I almost canceled my order when they wouldn't let me add a referral code, literally 2 hours after I ordered the car. I'm like for real?! I didn't see it in the steps. (All 3 of my siblings have Teslas so I had always planned to use one of their codes. I was like the customer service here is way different than any other car dealer-- and not in a good way! I had to stew for a few weeks, then decided to keep the order since the cars seem awesome, had to eat some humble pie of not being fawned over as a customer, but also I didn't think my request was unreasonable and the person at the local office seemed a bit robotic (at least to my histrionics due to my frustrations, heeheehee🤣)! Ugh. But agree, they should definitely work on being kindler and gentler, will be great for them in the long run.
I used a reference code when I ordered but I can't find evidence anyplace that I actually got credit for the miles. Does it show up any place before you take delivery?

When was this? I called my sales rep after having placed the order and he added the code for me. This was in January of last year.
I guess it all depends on how they feel that particular day. I was able to add the referral code in September.
Also, every time I visited the them, I always went with couple dozen donuts or cup cakes. Donuts seems to keep them happy.

Sept?! Grrrrr! Sadly, I don't have a SA. The last time I went to the sales center was in 2017 when I was looking at the X's (no Y's then), the SA I had then moved on to another job. :confused: Oh well, I put it in the pile of its a little deal in the big picture of life. At the time, I was unhappy, to put it mildly.

Tesla announced today that it is going to increase the price of its Full Self-Driving package to $12,000 starting on January 17. The price bump should coincide with the release of an important new update.

So if I understand FSD - you pay 10k but soon 12K but if you dont have a “driver safety score” of over 97 you cant use all the options just a limited BETA version

Tesla announced today that it is going to increase the price of its Full Self-Driving package to $12,000 starting on January 17. The price bump should coincide with the release of an important new update.

So if I understand FSD - you pay 10k but soon 12K but if you dont have a “driver safety score” of over 97 you cant use all the options just a limited BETA version
The last bump from $8k to $10k in Oct 2020 led to the release of the very limited FSDbeta program to employees and influencers, so you may be right, but it is still in very much in limited BETA mode. Yes you get invited with a certain safety score (variable reports as to whether this is 97+ vs 98+, I got in as a 99), but it is not yet something worth even $8k IMO. In fact, Tesla should be paying beta testers for putting themselves in harms way during testing as per the agreement, "it may do the wrong thing at the worst time" which is has and does (erratic behavior such as trying to slam into gates, accelerating at red lights, taking sharp turns at high speed). It is getting better, but very slowly. Not for the faint of heart.

The last bump from $8k to $10k in Oct 2020 led to the release of the very limited FSDbeta program to employees and influencers, so you may be right, but it is still in very much in limited BETA mode. Yes you get invited with a certain safety score (variable reports as to whether this is 97+ vs 98+, I got in as a 99), but it is not yet something worth even $8k IMO. In fact, Tesla should be paying beta testers for putting themselves in harms way during testing as per the agreement, "it may do the wrong thing at the worst time" which is has and does (erratic behavior such as trying to slam into gates, accelerating at red lights, taking sharp turns at high speed). It is getting better, but very slowly. Not for the faint of heart.
i found this today

Musk previously warned that the price will continue to rise as the software gets closer to full self-driving capability. He expects the final price to be "in excess of $100,000."

Easy for a billionaire to say.

Actually, many billionaires already pay for self-driving. They just hire a chauffeur.
With current rate of inflation $100,000+ sounds about right lol. The point isn’t the price, it is that the business model switches from selling hardware to selling subscription and services at that point as individual consumers get priced out of owning “robo-taxis” and just pay as you go model. At current rate of development his comments are pretty far away from reality, but at some point in our lifetimes, it may happen depending how old you are

With current rate of inflation $100,000+ sounds about right lol. The point isn’t the price, it is that the business model switches from selling hardware to selling subscription and services at that point as individual consumers get priced out of owning “robo-taxis” and just pay as you go model. At current rate of development his comments are pretty far away from reality, but at some point in our lifetimes, it may happen depending how old you are
I think he is also playing on Americans stupidity. People see TP getting low on the shelves buy, buy, buy, peaches go up .10 buy, buy, buy ,buy
FSD going to be 12000 in 5 days but I can get it for 10000 now buy, buy, buy , and if its going to be 100000 when complete buy buy buy.

When has Musk EVER announced a price increase? you wake up one morning and BAM model Y $2000 more expensive -
its a marketing scheme!

I think he is also playing on Americans stupidity. People see TP getting low on the shelves buy, buy, buy, peaches go up .10 buy, buy, buy ,buy
FSD going to be 12000 in 5 days but I can get it for 10000 now buy, buy, buy , and if its going to be 100000 when complete buy buy buy.

When has Musk EVER announced a price increase? you wake up one morning and BAM model Y $2000 more expensive -
its a marketing scheme!
Just gonna leave this here

Shortly before FSD Beta was in limited release, price went up $2000 in Oct 2020.

I know I am kicking up an old thread here but does anyone else feel like you would get a car faster if you put the car on hold and then removed the hold? I am seeing a lot of people who had their cars on hold, they remove the hold, BAM, VIN and schedule delivery. People who are "next in line" for months on end are still sitting around waiting for cars. Doesn't make any sense. I know of at least one case where 2 people ordered just a few days apart same car and trim with different colors and one of them put the delivery on hold, one didn't. The one who put it on hold dealt with his credit issue, removed the hold and 2 days later had a tight window and not long after had a VIN. The order that was never on hold was still waiting (and last I heard is still waiting). Is this just me being salty at the constant delays or are others seeing this too?