Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my SR+ 2 weeks ago, feeling misled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still don’t get the $6300

It was $2700 for the upgrade to plus, if you chose to go over a threshold or something in your province that is another thing entirely.

I am still glad I did not decide to wait because the plus is even more expensive now , albeit with Autopilot that I didn’t really want (but I am enjoying on free trial)

And I agree with everyone in that I knew getting into the Tesla family I would have to live with dodgy paint (which is why I waited a while before pulling the trigger until the quality I could live with...I was a BMW guy up until now and my 17 yr old 3 series paint puts the M3 to shame) and lots of other stupidity.

Lots of other little things about Tesla annoy me but the good outweighs the bad, if we all just needed transportation we could buy Corollas and shut up.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMWM3toTM3
I’m not sure I’m following the current line of discussion on this thread.

For people who purchased an SR+ but really would have purchased an SR had they known it would still have the Partial Premium Interior, is Tesla saying you can not downgrade to an SR and get a refund, contrary to what their blog states?
BINGO! We can not downgrade like the blog post states.

So someone who ordered an SR on the same date I ordered my SR+ last month got the same car I did (without fog lights and 20 miles less)...that’s not changing the price...that’s just messed up.

It's a difference though. Cars won't be equal yours has more range and other software locks once Tesla figures it out. Please don't forget the SR is off menu now, meaning it is about to be killed off. And your not making your point any better by believing your in some isolated scenario. Your not, speak to long term owners and they have endured much worse. Your car shipped with everything as promised on the spec sheet. Just because someone got a better deal from a last minute decision by Tesla to software lock SR+ to be an SR doesn't take away from your car. Enjoy it or if you can't accept it just don't ever support Tesla with your wallet again. Nobody forced you to buy a car and Tesla is a business, if they don't do what you believe is right don't support them ever again.

Not a better deal...they got the same car I did while paying for a cheaper car that never existed.

Aren't all Model 3s the same car? Same body style and interface. Only difference is the trim levels. The SR will have locked features which your SR+ will have. Original PUP buyers felt duped about the SR+ coming out, they were told you had to pay $5k for premium seating material and power seats which wasn't true. Think about all the erratic and questionable things that have happened to others and realize yours isn't all that unique.

Aren't all Model 3s the same car? Same body style and interface. Only difference is the trim levels. The SR will have locked features which your SR+ will have. Original PUP buyers felt duped about the SR+ coming out, they were told you had to pay $5k for premium seating material and power seats which wasn't true. Think about all the erratic and questionable things that have happened to others and realize yours isn't all that unique.
I would call your scenario an early adopter fee.

My situation is for people that ordered two different cars on the same day...people who bought the SR on the same day I did, got my same exact car that I paid thousands more for.

Also, why won’t Tesla let me downgrade to the SR like they stated in their blog post?

I would call your scenario an early adopter fee.

My situation is for people that ordered two different cars on the same day...people who bought the SR on the same day I did, got my same exact car that I paid thousands more for.

Also, why won’t Tesla let me downgrade to the SR like they stated in their blog post?

You got your car before a SR even was delivered even though order may have been placed same day. SR+ deliveries started over a month ago, while SR (at this time unlocked SR+) we're just delivered this week. You got to drive your car longer than those drivers making you "an early adopter" by your standards to the SR buyers. During that period after you ordered is maybe when Tesla decided to take the SR off the website to off menu and simply software restrict it for the orders it had and will kill it off very soon. Your car will still be better than a SR after they figure out how to software lock it. Tesla sometimes does things erratically and on the fly but they didn't target you and do something malicious to hurt you personally. Again they are a business and the SR probably didn't have many ordered compared to a SR+ leading to these recent decisions.

You got your car before a SR even was delivered even though order may have been placed same day. SR+ deliveries started over a month ago, while SR (at this time unlocked SR+) we're just delivered this week. You got to drive your car longer than those drivers making you "an early adopter" by your standards to the SR buyers. During that period after you ordered is maybe when Tesla decided to take the SR off the website to off menu and simply software restrict it for the orders it had and will kill it off very soon. Your car will still be better than a SR after they figure out how to software lock it. Tesla sometimes does things erratically and on the fly but they didn't target you and do something malicious to hurt you personally. Again they are a business and the SR probably didn't have many ordered compared to a SR+ leading to these recent decisions.
Agree to disagree. Delivery timeframes were exactly the same when the orders took place.

I knew I’d run into Tesla apologists here, but it really isn’t hard to understand...Tesla never made the SR they “put on the website” because they wanted to pump SR+ sales.

For the few that actually ordered the SR, Tesla gave them my car with software restricted fog lights and 20 miles less battery to save face...they will surely discontinue the SR in the next month or so.

It’s just comical that anytime Tesla is called out for anything legitimate people on here immediately run to their defense.

Can you comment on them saying anyone who bought an SR+ can downgrade to an SR on their blog post? I’d gladly take $2,500 back and they can remove fog lamp use and 20 miles...oh wait, they walked that back to. Is that my fault to?

At what point would you actually say “yeah, Tesla is in the wrong here” or is that an impossible conclusion for you to come to?