TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Picked up my Tesla today, the type-2 charge port lighting has changed

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by srwx, Aug 26, 2016.

1. srwx

srwx "perf_config": "P1"

The light is now partially surrounding the type2 socket.

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  2. championi

championi Member

This handy, lighting up the port would make it easier connecting the charger when it's dark.

3. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

Good on you srwx - congratulations!

How was the drive home?

4. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

Does the new light replace the 3 multicolour charging status LED's that (up till now) have been located just rear of the charging port? Or is it additional?

5. srwx

Amazing, but I'm not saying anything everyone doesn't already know :)

It replaces them, the 3 LED's are still there but they don't light up anymore just the large spot beside the port. I tested out the multicolour charging port easter egg and only the large light does the sequence, the 3 LED's to the side remain off.

6. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

Never tire of hearing it though, (or at least not so far) :);) !

7. srwx

Here's a video of the easter egg:

• Like x 2
  8. gcgp

gcgp Member

When was this implemented? I just got my 70D last June and I don't have this. :( Is it only for 85 and above?

9. Plugsuvohio

Plugsuvohio Member

For what this is worth, Tesla service (for a number of reasons) updated my firmware to 2.32.100 in my Model X 90D.

I see no change in the lighting, at least not with the standard Tesla plug being used from my 15-40 receptacle at home.

10. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

I got my 90D in June too at the same time as you and still have the triple LED so I think it's just something that has come out in Aug!

Anyway the triple LED's look great:):)!

• Like x 1
  11. bradjc

bradjc Member

Congratulations on the new wheels! Great colour choice too. I now won't be the only Midnight Silver MS (I know of) cruising Ballarat. ;)

Very interesting they've changed the charge light setup, I picked mine up 3 weeks ago now and has the older chart port light, already I have the old model! They do move quick!

12. srwx

Cool, I've been making a point of ensuring my drives include as much of Sturt as possible to show it off as much as possible. I haven't relived my youth and hung laps yet though :)

Looking at Bjorns recent videos of his Model X it appears this version of the charge port is the same version they'd been putting in the European Model X's - I guess it just worked it's way down the line.

• Like x 1