Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my Tesla today, the type-2 charge port lighting has changed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

srwx

"perf_config": "P1"
May 16, 2016
Ballarat, Australia
The light is now partially surrounding the type2 socket.

m2joRQY.jpg

Good on you srwx - congratulations!

How was the drive home?

Amazing, but I'm not saying anything everyone doesn't already know :)

Does the new light replace the 3 multicolour charging status LED's that (up till now) have been located just rear of the charging port? Or is it additional?

It replaces them, the 3 LED's are still there but they don't light up anymore just the large spot beside the port. I tested out the multicolour charging port easter egg and only the large light does the sequence, the 3 LED's to the side remain off.

Congratulations on the new wheels! Great colour choice too. I now won't be the only Midnight Silver MS (I know of) cruising Ballarat. ;)

Very interesting they've changed the charge light setup, I picked mine up 3 weeks ago now and has the older chart port light, already I have the old model! They do move quick!

Congratulations on the new wheels! Great colour choice too. I now won't be the only Midnight Silver MS (I know of) cruising Ballarat. ;)

Cool, I've been making a point of ensuring my drives include as much of Sturt as possible to show it off as much as possible. I haven't relived my youth and hung laps yet though :)

Very interesting they've changed the charge light setup, I picked mine up 3 weeks ago now and has the older chart port light, already I have the old model! They do move quick!

Looking at Bjorns recent videos of his Model X it appears this version of the charge port is the same version they'd been putting in the European Model X's - I guess it just worked it's way down the line.

Reactions: bradjc