Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

picking up car from SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled to pick up the car this Saturday. Unfortunately, I live 53 miles away from the SC. Does anyone know if they can pick you up from your house? I was hoping not to have to use my other car to drive there with a friend. All I could think of is Uber.

Are they not able to deliver to you, or did you choose to go to them? Over 300 mi I thought would qualify for 3rd party delivery.
My completely unhelpful SA has told me that home delivery is not a service Tesla offers. I live in NH where there is no Tesla presence. Honestly I'm happy that I'll be able to look the car over before taking delivery.

My completely unhelpful SA has told me that home delivery is not a service Tesla offers. I live in NH where there is no Tesla presence. Honestly I'm happy that I'll be able to look the car over before taking delivery.
Perhaps it's different in NH since Tesla is not present. Another poster recently mentioned they are getting 3rd party delivery to Albuquerque, NM (quite a ways from any SC), so I think Tesla does 3rd party at least in some places. I'm curious, since I'm over 250 mi from Portland.

How did your delivery go ?

It was quick and painless. They took my license, plate and registration from my other car that I sold, and proof of insurance. Afterwards, a bunch of documents were signed. Then I ACH'd my final payment through their iPad (can't remember this one if it was before the signing. I was too dazzled by my new car). Finally, it was an intro to the car as she had me adjust the mirrors/steering/seats. They were also able to secure me a NEMA 14-50 adapter which we joking asked how many we could buy since it's being marked up in ebay (limit is two). I also followed up on the referral link for the supercharging miles which I forgot to use before placing the purchase. This was later applied at the end of the day when I got back. Before I left, I asked about frunk clips. The adviser later emailed me that they no longer stock them, and was referred to an etsy link. So far, I'm very amused by the car coming from hypermiling a 2012 honda insight which I kept as a backup. The acceleration even on chill mode is a big jump for me.