Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up inventory P3D today with 1800 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice discount ...would look for normal wear scratches etc ..I have purchased inventory before from Tesla and if u have good relationship with the service center a lot of times they will fix minor cosmetic things for u ,.as inventory is still considered “new” as hasn’t been titled ..for that mileage I wouldn’t think tread shouldnt be lower than 7/32

Reactions: MXWing
Anything additional that I should look out for? Before anyone asks, I got 4760 off..

I'm not sure if it was my eyes or just being paranoid but it seems like the tread was lower than they should be for a new car, anyone know what the tread depth should be?

Nice discount! I would chalk the tire wear up to 1800 test drive miles on a P3D driven in the ‘Drive it like you stole it’ fashion.

Last edited:
Also is your VIN in the 55,XXX range? Seems a batch of demos were made together. What is your build date?

Sorry, forgot to update.. so I haven't checked the tire depth yet with a gauge, still need to buy one but everything looked good so far.. it was pouring rain during my delivery so I'm just going to use my 3 day return window if I find anything. I will be bringing it to a friend's garage and going over it very extensively.

As far as VIN, mine is 74xxx with a build date in mid August. I was worried mine was too low because I seen someone post a 185xxx VIN but I think they did batches.. Like P3D, then AWD, then MR. But that's a guess