Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pickling up my Model 3 in Fremont tomorrow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the end of the Quarter. Tesla typically works at max speed at these times.

Only using the Target delivery location to help them get as many cars as possible delivered to their new owners.

Imagine it will be a great, if unorthodox delivery.

You will be able to experience your first Supercharger at that time as well.

Reactions: Grendal
Good advice thanks. What did you mean by start out low?

From the Model 3 manual. Experiment with the setting in the parking lot, just so you aren't surprised by it. Low is more like ICE cars, but you will quickly get use to Standard and it puts more energy back in the battery. The feel is more like on a manual trans downshifting gears to slow the car down. Posting the link to the Manual so if you are waiting for your delivery you can look through it.

And BTW be aware that when using Regen braking it will not bring you to a complete stop unlike I believe one or two other EVs out there do.

Hope you have a great delivery experience as unorthodox as it may seem. Pics if you get a chance would be nice. Guess there will be one more day of craziness before Q1 goes into the books.

https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model 3 Owners Manual.pdf

Regenerative Braking

Whenever Model 3 is moving and your foot isoff the accelerator, regenerative braking slows down Model 3 and feeds any surplus energy back to the Battery.

By anticipating your stops and reducing or removing pressure from the accelerator pedal to slow down, you can take advantage of regenerative braking to increase driving range. Of course, this is no substitute for regular braking when needed for safety.

Note: If regenerative braking is aggressively slowing Model 3 (such as when your foot is completely off the accelerator pedal at highway speeds), the brake lights turn on to alert others that you are slowing down.....

To Set the Regenerative Braking Level

You can use the touchscreen to change the level of regenerative braking:
  1. Touch Controls > Driving > Regenerative Braking.
  2. Choose from two levels:
    • Standard: Provides the maximum amount of regenerative braking. When you release the accelerator, Model 3 slows down, reducing the need to use the brakes.
    • Low: Limits regenerative braking. When you release the accelerator, Model 3 takes longer to slow down and coasts further than if set to Standard.

Last edited:
I was told a delivery person was bringing it to the Target shopping center in Fremont.. is this strange? It totally caught me off guard and seems strange as I expected to go to a showroom etc. Also my noon appointment know comes with a noon to 2pm which I normally wouldn't mind if it was home delivery but I'm driving almost 3hrs to pick it up.

How did it go or not go?? Hope you are out driving around in the new car :)

I had to fly into Denver to pick up my car. I hope your experience was as simple and fun as mine was. My issues happened because of delayed flights. Tesla was great. Considering I had only seen a Model 3 four times prior to picking up my car and never having sat in one, let alone driven one, it was very simple to get used to in just a few minutes.

I hope you love yours. Also interested to hear the story and hope it all went well. If you like, put your vehicle choices/specs in your signature to share with us.

Okay so we were worried with such a wide delivery window of noon-2pm (my dad and I got a rent a car for the close to 3hr drive and we wanted to make sure we'd be back in time to drop that car off at Enterprise. We arrived at the Target shopping center around 1145am and the guy called at 1159am! For a split second I thought about answering it because the number came from New York! Turns out he is an intern in the financial dept. and volunteered to help deliver with the craziest of end of quarter. He took about 10min and arrived around 1210pm and took around 45min with me! On the phone they told me multiple times they would only spend 10-15 min so that was nice. The car looked essentially flawless. The right lower part under the passenger door was a bit dirty but other than that impeccable. Signed the paperwork and gave him my checks and he helped me link my phone to the car as well as a few other things. The regen. breaking definitely was hard at first but I'm getting more used to it. The ONLY negative was on the bumpy highway, I kept hearing something around the backseat I think. Not sure what it is, but I'm hoping it's nothing or a quick fix. Terrible traffic on the way home due to 1 or 2 accidents so my range took a beating from the bumper to bumper and then going extra fast to try making up for it. I'll post a few questions..

I had to fly into Denver to pick up my car. I hope your experience was as simple and fun as mine was. My issues happened because of delayed flights. Tesla was great. Considering I had only seen a Model 3 four times prior to picking up my car and never having sat in one, let alone driven one, it was very simple to get used to in just a few minutes.

I hope you love yours. Also interested to hear the story and hope it all went well. If you like, put your vehicle choices/specs in your signature to share with us.

Just put a large post about my day. How/where do I put that? I'm brand new here so I have no idea. Model 3 standard plus, pearl white, aero wheels.

1. How do I set my charger to end at a certain time? I think I see where you can choose when to start it. I also see you can stop it at certain intervals/percentages but I'm more concerned with time so I can get the cheapest electricity rates (11pm-7am).
2. Now on to the rebates. I've found 8300 dollars worth. Would LOVE to hear your rebate stories etc! Did you apply asap once you got the car with the temporary registration?

2. Now on to the rebates. I've found 8300 dollars worth. Would LOVE to hear your rebate stories etc! Did you apply asap once you got the car with the temporary registration?
$8300?

There is:
- an up to $3750 Federal tax credit on Teslas at this point: Electric Vehicle & Solar Incentives. This was $7500 if you purchased and took delivery before 1/1/19.
- CVRP: $2500 CVRP Eligible Vehicles but there are eligibility guidelines Eligibility guidelines (my income is too high so I'm not qualified)
- $800 if your electric utility is PG&E: Electric vehicle (EV) rebates - I got this for my recently purchased Bolt. I got $500 for my used '13 Leaf when this rebate was only $500 (prior to 1/1/19).

DriveClean - PEV Resource Center may help.

$8300?

There is:
- an up to $3750 Federal tax credit on Teslas at this point: Electric Vehicle & Solar Incentives. This was $7500 if you purchased and took delivery before 1/1/19.
- CVRP: $2500 CVRP Eligible Vehicles but there are eligibility guidelines Eligibility guidelines (my income is too high so I'm not qualified)
- $800 if your electric utility is PG&E: Electric vehicle (EV) rebates - I got this for my recently purchased Bolt. I got $500 for my used '13 Leaf when this rebate was only $500 (prior to 1/1/19).
2500 Cali +another 2000 if you make under 35k
3000 local and 800 pg&e=8300 +3750 tax incentive

2500 Cali +another 2000 if you make under 35k
3000 local and 800 pg&e=8300 +3750 tax incentive
I make WAY over $35K/year. I definitely am not eligible for any CVRP, so no $2500 for me let alone another $2000.

I don't know where that "3000 local" comes from? I don't know what area you're in but I've never heard of any for my city or county that I'd be eligible for. Have a URL for what you're referring to?

I make WAY over $35K. I definitely not eligible for any CVRP, so no $2500 let alone another $2000.

I don't know where that "3000 local" comes from? I don't know what area you're in but I've never heard of any for my city or county that I'd be eligible for.
I make WAY over $35K. I definitely not eligible for any CVRP, so no $2500 let alone another $2000.

I don't know where that "3000 local" comes from? I don't know what area you're in but I've never heard of any for my city or county that I'd be eligible for.
I'm around Fresno so there is a local 3k probably since our air is terrible.

I make WAY over $35K/year. I definitely am not eligible for any CVRP, so no $2500 for me let alone another $2000.

I don't know where that "3000 local" comes from? I don't know what area you're in but I've never heard of any for my city or county that I'd be eligible for. Have a URL for what you're referring to?
Here is the link for Central Valley Rebate: Drive Clean in the San Joaquin | Rebate

Reactions: cwerdna