TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Picture of Obeche matte with black interior

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Firewired, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Firewired

Firewired Member

Hi, I have still been unable to find a picture of the Obeche matte with the black interior. Could you please post a picture if you have one? Thank you.

2. Cerie

Cerie Member

IMG_0964.JPG
    IMG_0965.JPG

Sorry I don't have a more complete picture with both seats and the dash but here you go.

3. Firewired

Firewired Member

Thank you that's perfect. That really helps.

4. romp

romp Member

#4 romp, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    We really love ours. It's quite understated and very homey. Please let us know what light do you want to see it in -- I'll try to get tomorrow

5. Firewired

Firewired Member

Thank you. I ordered mine just looking at the swatches, any additional shots would be greatly appreciated. Was starting to wonder if I should have ordered carbon fiber like the majority.

6. Cerie

Cerie Member

Everyone has different tastes but if there is one practical advantage to getting the matte wood, it would be that it's MUCH easier to maintain than anything glossy. I go over all the surfaces in the car with a Swiffer duster and voila, job done. Had a loaner with beige interior and carbon fiber last week and personally did not like it as much. I also ordered the matte wood almost sight unseen but my OA was amazing and drove a car out on his day off that had it just so I could see it in person so don't be afraid to ask because Tesla customer service is amazing.

7. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

I also ordered the Obeche Matte, (with Grey interior) and did it completely sight unseen. (I hadn't seen the car either.) I really think I'll like it, and the pictures everyone posts certainly help solidify that.

I'm wondering what word you were looking for above though, romp, as I'm sure it wasn't "homely." I'm torn between "homey" and "comely" as my guesses. (Homely means, basically, ugly.) We don't want it to get spread around the forums that people who own Obeche Matte interiors are calling it homely! :)

8. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Cerie, so the interior is "all black" below the windows (seats, carpets, dash trim, all parts of doors, etc.), and the pillars and ceiling are beige? What exterior color do you have? Thanks.

9. Cerie

Cerie Member

I have the textile headliner as the black alcantra was not available when I ordered the car and I received my VIN # early and was told I could not change it. I have a black exterior as well and thought I would mind the color difference but now sitting in it, I rather like it as it makes the car brighter since I did not get the pano roof.

10. romp

romp Member

Yeah, fixed the typo in my previous post. Here are some pics I took today, hope it gives a fuller perspective:

small-matte-1.jpg

small-matte-2.jpg

small-matte-3.jpg

small-matte-4.jpg

small-matte-5.jpg

11. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

Black interior and matte obeche looks great.....thanks for helping me decide as well

12. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

does anyone have pics of TEXTILE black interior/seats and obeche matte trim?

13. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

Pics request please if anyone has:

-Black seats, Black headliner, Obeche matte or gloss

14. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

+1.

I love the black seats, black alcantra headliner look -- basically, all black. I had a 2014 loaner once that had next-gen front seats, in black leather, with carbon fiber interior. Loved it. But I think I might prefer the Obeche matte over the carbon.

I currently have the Obeche gloss with tan leather seats with light colored headliner, and the headliner, and especially the driver's B pillar, suffers from lots of clothes-rubbing and hat-rubbing so it gets dirty. I figure the black alcantra headliner would hide a multitude of sins.

If and when I get another Tesla, definitely all-black interior!

15. ritter1

ritter1 New Member

@Romb Thank you for your pix! How does obeche matte decor look in bright sun? browner?