Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a chance to get a good wash in (24hrs before the snow of course)
Side note: I'm still surprised by how much light comes in from the windshield and roof to make the 15% tint on the front windows look lighter than the rear factory tint. At night you can't tell a difference.
I am also fully aware...wife wanted "not as dark" % on this Y but even then the front 15% (us too) look like 55% at times. The far back reaching windshield on top of the refelctive white can really challenge tint on this car (from the front)

The forums/reddit have tought me pretty quickly to identify black interior with these custom shots with tint.

Are these cars ceramic'd? That gloss/sheen is amazing.
Mine is not, I use a lot of Jax Wax products, but specifically this one for the gloss/shine. Works great on all colors.

CC1ED221-3631-4210-9BEB-F2B57EE3B3E3.jpeg
64422331-E65A-4117-80C1-DDF88B4C4AAF.jpeg

Excuse my ignorance, but what are those alloys/covers? Are they different hub caps on the standard 19" alloys? I like the looks of those over the standard more silver look.
Glad to help! I vinyl wrapped the standard hubcap with pre-cut satin black strips from “EV Wraps”. Cost about $60 so totally worth it. However, it’s quite labor intensive. Took me about 45 minutes to an hour per wheel. And having a bit of vinyl wrapping experience definitely helps.

Glad to help! I vinyl wrapped the standard hubcap with pre-cut satin black strips from “EV Wraps”. Cost about $60 so totally worth it. However, it’s quite labor intensive. Took me about 45 minutes to an hour per wheel. And having a bit of vinyl wrapping experience definitely helps.
Many thanks for the info - that's a great job, well worth the effort I would say. Just not sure I'd get as good results ;)

Reactions: Mod Y Guy
Many thanks for the info - that's a great job, well worth the effort I would say. Just not sure I'd get as good results 😉
I’m definitely not a vinyl expert but it came out pretty good. I like that I still get the most range with a bit more aggressive look. I would say if you don’t demand perfection then it could be a job worth tackling. Take care.

Reactions: CaptainC
Can you share your wheel+tire setup/sizes. Did it have any clearance issue installing?

Tires are Toyo Open Country A/T III in 255/55R18 and wheels are Method 502 in 18x8 with a 38mm offset. I went down the wheel rabit hole but ended up going with Method since they confirmed that these will work for the Y Performance. So far no major rubbing, but we did have to put a ton of wheel weights on, and those weights are barely kissing the ebrake solenoid. I'm going to try to shift them a bit, but that's the only contact I have. Model Y has a terrible turning radius, so I'm glad the tires don't limit it any more!

More details on this thread

Reactions: 907XCP
Well, I'm finally able to contribute to this thread! Picked up on Friday and already have several hundred miles put on. Absolutely love it. One of the first things I did was plasti dip the aero covers. Needs some touch up as I was rushing and didn't really know what I was doing, but they turned out great imo. Probably going to add red performance pedal covers to match the floor mat trim, but other than that I think I'm done modifying for now.

20220121_165744.jpg
20220121_165807.jpg
20220124_093932.jpg
20220123_143754.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but what are those alloys/covers? Are they different hub caps on the standard 19" alloys? I like the looks of those over the standard more silver look.
You can get a similar look using Plasti Dip, and it would probably be easier than trying to apply vinyl if that's not your cup of tea. The pictures I posted above are the stock gemini aero covers with just the lighter silver parts Plasti Dipped black.

Edit: here is how I taped them before spraying, and a close up of the finished product.

20220121_125402.jpg
SmartSelect_20220124-183856_Gallery.jpg