Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 28C0D77E-DD6C-4999-A715-0900B6380D5E.jpeg
    28C0D77E-DD6C-4999-A715-0900B6380D5E.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 304
Reactions: DavidAsheville
Drove up a pretty sketch forest road near Mt. Rainier with overhanging trees. Hoping these scratches come out in the wash 😬View attachment 828216View attachment 828217View attachment 828218
I was trying to find this trailhead with no cell service and figured this side road was it. Then it got very narrow with overgrown tree limbs and I knew I was in too deep. 10-point turn later and I got to assess the damage. It's still pretty dusty so I'm telling myself it won't be so bad...

I wish I got a video/pic of the trail but I was way too stressed out to document

I was trying to find this trailhead with no cell service and figured this side road was it. Then it got very narrow with overgrown tree limbs and I knew I was in too deep. 10-point turn later and I got to assess the damage. It's still pretty dusty so I'm telling myself it won't be so bad...

I wish I got a video/pic of the trail but I was way too stressed out to document

I would say try to polish it out with a Porter Cable 7424XP or better orbital polisher and some Meguairs 105/205 or whatever it was, but yeah, you may have some high cost paint correction and or PPF in your future! Curious to see what it looks like after a cleaning.

The paint on the Y is really sh*t IMO, at least compared to my Audi's. Even post a professional ceramic application, which I never did with my Audi's, I still find it scratches much easier.