Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have the 18 didn’t think it would fit that car. Lol.
Haha, I honestly wasn’t sure either. I only saw two examples.

GrandTour Lo that had the same length and this one with a Yakima EXO trailer hitch box. Not many examples, figured I’ll take one for the team and document 😅

Everything worked out. I wanted one that will be able to accomodate snowboards, extra gear, and flow aesthetically. Main use case was to swap it between my cars, specifically a Rivian R1S soon-ish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wu01ok
KPMF Matte Iced Amethyst Titanium done by Ghost Wrap in Carlsbad.

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpeg
    IMG_0734.jpeg
    613.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    711 KB · Views: 14
I love their lip spoiler. What modification did you need to do? Extend? Our fenders has that additional fender garnish.
Normally I would disclose but they only said they would do this 1 time so yes I’ll be the only person with this lip on a Y. I doubt anyone here would buy a $3k lip not knowing if it fits or not and cut into it.
IMG_1190.jpeg

Normally I would disclose but they only said they would do this 1 time so yes I’ll be the only person with this lip on a Y. I doubt anyone here would buy a $3k lip not knowing if it fits or not and cut into it.View attachment 1026741

Modified extensively? I can see why if it's the Model S splitter. I spoke to Kirk (from UP) a while back about doing the same with this splitter. Conversation lead to possibly adapting Model 3 front lip to the Model Y. Was planning to mount their UP X Voltex spoiler along with their diffuser.

I agree MOST Tesla folks probably are not willing to pay to modify, those coming from traditional background tuning are more likely to do so. I mean who spends nearly $15K on suspension, wheels, and brakes on a Tesla unless they're serious. (This guy 😅)

Last edited:
Reactions: TesraY and drb3333
Modified extensively? I can see why if it's the Model S splitter. I spoke to Kirk (from UP) a while back about doing the same with this splitter. Conversation lead to possibly adapting Model 3 front lip to the Model Y. Was planning to mount their UP X Voltex spoiler along with their diffuser.

I agree MOST Tesla folks probably are not willing to pay to modify, those coming from traditional background tuning are more likely to do so. I mean who spends nearly $15K on suspension, wheels, and brakes on a Tesla unless they're serious. (This guy 😅)

Don't scrimp on that wing/spoiler! Go big!

IMG_091c.jpg

Hell yea!! Which spoiler is this?

I was shared this car when talking to Unplugged guys towards UP x Voltex. He's a regular at the track.

That Voltrex is super sweet but a little pricey for me, so I got one carbon/carbon from LM_Tuning $398 on AliExpress plus $100 to ship. No drilling necessary. It did get banged up a little on air freight, though, which I fixed.

On their site, it's the one on a silver Model Y with plates that say "TOPSH". It is not adjustable. I didn't like the 3M tape that came with it so got a roll of 2.0" black foam 0.050" thick [3M VHB 5952] to make sure it stays on (which it definitely does). I also got a can of real 3M paint adhesion promoter [3M 111]; I hope I never have to take it off.

I feel a little like a teenager driving around with it, but it also makes a great shelf for my beer.

For fun, here is one on a Model 3 in a video which you can see from all angles:

Last edited:
What are those carbon pieces on the left/right edges of the diffuser? I think I've seen them before but forgot.
They are Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Extensions from Maier.

1710269807286.png

1710269823754.png

The front lip is interesting It looks as if he's using an garage lip extension from the same Maier aero collection.

That Voltrex is super sweet but a little pricey for me, so I got one carbon/carbon from LM_Tuning $398 on AliExpress plus $100 to ship. No drilling necessary. It did get banged up a little on air freight, though, which I fixed.

On their site, it's the one on a silver Model Y with plates that say "TOPSH". It is not adjustable. I didn't like the 3M tape that came with it so got a roll of 2.0" black foam 0.050" thick [3M VHB 5952] to make sure it stays on (which it definitely does). I also got a can of real 3M paint adhesion promoter [3M 111]; I hope I never have to take it off.

I feel a little like a teenager driving around with it, but it also makes a great shelf for my beer.

For fun, here is one on a Model 3 in a video which you can see from all angles:
I was about to get it, but the song in the video ruined it for me.

• Funny
Reactions: fredzos and drb3333
What is your Aero kit on your MY? Looks like you have a front splitter and skirts? Can you provide links? Is it lowered? I would actually just like to know everything you have done lol
:) Front spoiler from RPM Tesla. Standard abs that you can find almost anywhere. Side skirts from RPM(Viento). 1 piece molded cf. Diffuser (Razzo) is hydro cf, also from RPM. Spoiler (Razzo) is also from RPM. Molded cf. I have their new front spoiler on order(looks almost identical to ADRO). RPM is just up the road from me and they install, so I lean towards them. Car was put on Eibach lowering springs and BLOX 18mm spacers. I am not a car techie, so couldn’t give specs.

Reactions: drb3333 and cxone