Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First look at the keyboard. + numberpad on the right
BW3HwQJH07P.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

Wasn't he just reaching down and pressing the switch to adjust the position of the power seat before getting into the car?
No, watch the video again. As hit sits down he turns he shows his wrist like a magician (voila!) with the card in his hand to pass through the door frame sensor.

...this is not ideal. Why you would make it more complicated than being in your pocket like everyone else is beyond me.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: DR61
No, watch the video again. As hit sits down he turns and sorta of flips his wrist like a magician (voila!) with the card in his hand to pass through the door frame sensor.

ACF1CAFA-017C-4853-97F8-8C5F40B6D8F4_zpsqwl0u3o1.jpg

...this is not ideal. Why you would make it more complicated than being in your pocket like everyone else is beyond me.
Take the tinfoil hat off. You are reading waaay too much into that video. I see nothing to indicate what you say. There is no magic flip of the wrist, it's just normal movement of what I would expect to see if a taller person sat down with the steering wheel set low like it was.

I think people are way over analyzing this.

Take the tinfoil hat off. You are reading waaay too much into that video. I see nothing to indicate what you say. There is no magic flip of the wrist, it's just normal movement of what I would expect to see if a taller person sat down with the steering wheel set low like it was.

I think people are way over analyzing this.
I fixed my picture. Maybe it's not a flip but it's an unnatural pose. His right arm is completely across his body for exposing the card. It looks on purpose. Why would be go out of his way to show the card as he got into the car?

I fixed my picture. Maybe it's not a flip but it's an unnatural pose. His right arm is completely across his body for exposing the card. It looks on purpose. Why would be go out of his way to show the card as he got into the car?
I disagree. I think you are seeing what you want to see. I can see why you think it may look unnatural but quite sure it's wasn't too him. He looks tall and clearly the seat and wheel were set for short person.

Reactions: BluestarE3
I've watched the video multiple times (as well as your screenshot) and it looks to me that he was just tucking his right hand, forearm and elbow close to his chest to clear the steering wheel as he sat down. The "presentation" of the card was just incidental to the fact that he was holding it in his right hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffK and Model 3
I haven't seen anyone commenting on this yet. What is that? Some sort of option for an instrument cluster? Pop-up for HUD? (ducking)

I don't think I've seen this in any RC or alpha cars.

dPGu9iq.jpg
It's the cutout that allows the steering wheel to telescope up and down, you can clearly see it and many pictures when the steering wheel is in the up position. Thhis one happens to be down slightly leaving the gap. The shading seems to be related to the sunroof overhead.

Yeah, in that other thread I pointed out that that bright patch gets blocked by his face, and changes shape as he closes the door. I think it is just sunlight coming through the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.