Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you not care what the car looks like then? Wheels are a pretty big part of that. You can certainly say appearance is irrelevant to you, that's fine, and puts you in small minority I would say.

Or in the majority. How many other cars are sold with no changes to wheels? Sure, you can change wheels, but I don't think the majority do that. No one I ever knew, that I can think of right now, had to change wheels so they could buy a car.

I would say that wheels are NOT a big part of what a car looks like. Most of the car you can't change. That's the important part.

You might notice that in the little picture to the left, my car has the cheapest standard wheels that came on the Model S. In five years, no one has commented on how my wheels do or don't look. Just, "What a gorgeous car!"

VIN 110 at downtown San Jose whole foods • r/teslamotors

VIN #110, looks like it has a problem with understanding "EV charging only"...
O3YFv6B.jpg

rzl24HD.jpg

f77aGZB.jpg

UHHSuS6.jpg

SYs2C8k.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if the color and wheel options will change at all by the time the dual motor version comes out.

I was really hoping there'd be a Model S refresh with color option changes before the Model 3 orders would start, in hopes of a color I actually like making it to the Model 3. Alas, I have to take a color I'm "ok with" instead of one I genuinely want.

VIN 110 at downtown San Jose whole foods • r/teslamotors

VIN #110, looks like it has a problem with understanding "EV charging only"...

I used to love those EVGO chargers when I had my Model S; I'd use my Chademo adapter there all the time. It was perfect for a lot of stuff; I shopped at Whole Foods and my doctor was across the street. There was a cafe, too. Plus, I could grab the bike share product and ride all the way downtown via the bum river paths dodging hobos and check my mailbox downtown.

I didn't like it when people would park in those EV charging spots when they weren't charging. If that Model 3 had a Chademo and was charging on the EVGO, I'd not be mad. BTW, if you don't want to fast-DC charge at that Whole Foods but still want to officially use those EV charging spots, there is a Level 2 charger that works fine there. I've used it for just that purpose a few times, but usually, I wanted the EVGO.

So, how to charge at night?
Could be their employer has solar panels and Level 2 charging during the day, and they get all they need from that, clean energy, through and through.

More likely, this is a Tesla employee, and they just park at the day charging stations located around the various Tesla work sites. This is essentially the same thing: Californians produce more solar power during the day than during the night, although it would flow via the grid, not directly from the business they are parked at and connected to.

Be careful, you might get a parking ticket when parking backward!

I find it more practical as you have a better view of any coming car when exiting your spot.
Also military, police, and fire trucks park this way to save precious time in emergency situation.

However this is not always authorized, some reasons are that the parking permits
are often required to be located on the back bumper or back window and will not be visible,
or that the fumes from the ICE might be next to an open building window.

Why is parking backwards against the rules? - Ars Technica OpenForum
Drivers surprised, frustrated with tickets for reversing into stalls
ASK US: Why is backing into parking spaces illegal? – Orange County Register
AAA Warns Against Pull-Forward Parking

sAAdG58.jpg

Be careful, you might get a parking ticket when parking backward! I find it more practical as you have a better view of any coming car when exiting your spot.

Ironic that many superchargers require back-in parking then! I've been backing in for the last 20+ years without an issue though, and agree with you, much easier when leaving, especially when it is a busy lot with lots of pedestrians, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.