Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really concerned with towing, or the inability to do so, but Joe's videos and yesterday's lakcluster production/delivery reporting have left me way less enthused about the Model 3. I mean, the scroll buttons and voice controls don't even fully work yet? Soft launch or not, they shipped an unfinished product.

Guess I'm in the wrong for expecting more out of Elon.

Who knows. Maybe you need to first choose, via the main screen, which functions the scroll buttons are to activate? And maybe one should hold the voice command button for one second or so before it responds? I doubt that this person had (or took) the opportunity to read the manual first.

Reactions: T34ME
Is this a small glass roof for the bodies in the trunk? Can you see in the trunk from the outside?

View attachment 251565

Here's what Riggerjon has to say about that:

Now this is kinda cool. It's tough to get your bearings, but the image is taken from the bumper lookup up into the open trunk. Those are lights on the far left and right sides - so it has two lights. Interestingly enough, that sunroof looking thing is actually a vent to the main cabin. Those are my garage lights you see in the vent - showing through the vent cover material & roof glass. Extra light during the day, and it likely helps keep the trunk temps regulated. Friggin' brilliant.
source: FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share

and

No - there's a metal screen that covers the vent. The vent is pretty much undetectable from the top and spans the rear deck. It hides the rear speakers, too. Had I not been standing in my head in to take the trunk light pic I would've never noticed it.

source: FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share

I don't really see any thick structural pieces back there to take much of a hitch load. Looks to be mostly aluminum sheet, but maybe the rear bumper mounts could be tied into.

Tesla-Model-3-structures_underside.png

Tesla-Model-3-structures_rear.png

I believe I saw a video on adding a hitch to the Model S, when I thought that was my future, where they took off the entire rear bumper to reveal where the hitch attaches. May be the same for the M3, really hope it's forthcoming, I always feel better when I have the ability to tow.

-Randy

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
Anyone know what those 2 car seats are?
Those need to be my first aftermarket purchases.
Not sure what those are, but you may also want to check the Clek Foonf- they have narrower exterior footprint (more space for passenger), rigid Latch arms (safe and easy), and some of their color schemes look at home on white, and has a nice modern look.
/offtopic, I’m sure this will be a thread of it’s own in a few months

Not sure what those are, but you may also want to check the Clek Foonf- they have narrower exterior footprint (more space for passenger), rigid Latch arms (safe and easy), and some of their color schemes look at home on white, and has a nice modern look.
/offtopic, I’m sure this will be a thread of it’s own in a few months

They're Diono Radians, also known for being very narrow so you can do 3 across in many cars. That said, they don't sit on a base really. Since the Foonf sits on a narrow base before widening up top, it might be a good option to puzzle in combination with a Radian if you need to do 3 across on a Model 3 since that middle seat looks pretty narrow.

The Radians make better travel seats than a Foonf, but the Foonf is probably safer from a side impact standpoint. I know the Model 3 has that incredible side impact crash video vs the Volvo, but I can imagine some high riding SUV bumper hitting over the battery structure and thus you needing better side impact from the seats.

Think he may be wrong about license plate mount. Isn't there a couple of bolts on the underside of the front bumper in the video? And the holder had an 'L' shape so I suspect it mounts from the underside of the 'L'.

He mentions you have to drill 4 holes to attach bracket to the bumper. He shows the bracket with 4 holes. The 4 holes he is talking about are actually the 4 holes to mount the plate onto the bracket. The bracket mounts to the bumper with adhesive tape ONLY.

Twitter

He mentions you have to drill 4 holes to attach bracket to the bumper. He shows the bracket with 4 holes. The 4 holes he is talking about are actually the 4 holes to mount the plate onto the bracket. The bracket mounts to the bumper with adhesive tape ONLY.

Twitter
Was watching this also. Wish my state would get rid of the stupid front plate laws because it really ruins the front look of the car. Liked his suggestion that someone makes a mount that fits in the tow hookup...

Was watching this also. Wish my state would get rid of the stupid front plate laws because it really ruins the front look of the car. Liked his suggestion that someone makes a mount that fits in the tow hookup...

Same here. My State (RI) is a 2-plate State, but I refuse to put a front plate on my car ('05 Mercedes C230). I've had my car for nearly 11 years and haven't been stopped yet. Sticky tape or no sticky tape, I won't put that license plate bracket on my Model 3.

In RI, in order to pass the 2-year State Inspection, you have to have a front license plate mounted securely onto the front of the car. So no placing it inside your car on your dashboard or attaching it to your visor and flipping your visor down. So what I ended up doing was build my own license plate mount. I have a small cover I can remove on my front bumper where you can attach a tow hook. So whenever inspection time comes around, I'll remove that cover and screw my plate mount to it. I'll get the inspection, then remove my plate until I have to do it again 2 years later.

Here's a pic of my plate mounted.

Items used: a few washers, some nuts, a long threaded bolt, and....a Martha Stuart Everyday kitchen cutting board :)

--Cintoman
IMG_1071.JPG

Attached are few pics I took today at the Fremont Delivery/Service center on Kato Road. Saw a Red with 19inch wheels and a Blue with 18inch wheels. I am a Model S owner and also a Model 3 reservation holder and had been deciding between Red or Blue. Initial impressions are that the car is quite small compared to Model S, however the seating looks comfortable for 4 tall people. The black interior does make this car look smaller, so I would wait for the white interior.
In person the Red looked quite beautiful. The inside wood trim does not look that bad. Definitely like the 19inch wheels. I also took the picture of the VIN #'s if someone is interested.

Attachments

• unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 171
  • unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    870.8 KB · Views: 171
  • unnamed (10).jpg
    unnamed (10).jpg
    612.1 KB · Views: 2,390
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg