Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pirelli PS4 elect to Michelin PS4s TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just replaced the stock Pirelli P zero elect’s to Michelin PS4S TO on my 2021 M3P. The Pirelli’s lasted 23k, so have no complaints. I’ve always gone with Michelin on all my previous performance cars though, mainly due to longevity and feel. Though I have to admit, I much preferred the look of the Pirelli’s on the 20” Uberturbine wheel than how they look on the Michelins. How the sidewall stretched showed the wheel off much better. Where as the Michelin looks wider and covers the wheel more, so makes them look smaller and more like the long range and standard wheels. Though the Pirelli’s were useless in cold wet conditions. On looks alone I may go back to the P Zeros next time? But from my own experience I’m sure the PS4S is the better tyre all year round. Decisions decisions…..
Just wondering what other people’s thoughts are, and whether other UK M3P owners have done the same?

For comparison

Attachments

• 0A7855A6-EEAE-457D-8EE4-EE27F3622C3A.jpeg
    0A7855A6-EEAE-457D-8EE4-EE27F3622C3A.jpeg
    705.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 42EB7054-FEF1-4E17-9CA4-B1AE8A8CBE40.jpeg
    42EB7054-FEF1-4E17-9CA4-B1AE8A8CBE40.jpeg
    601.6 KB · Views: 163
  • E834670A-9EA2-4A29-949D-C108A1CB4091.jpeg
    E834670A-9EA2-4A29-949D-C108A1CB4091.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 159
  • D4CDF447-DB31-4786-8B18-6AFEBBDD7DC0.jpeg
    D4CDF447-DB31-4786-8B18-6AFEBBDD7DC0.jpeg
    492.2 KB · Views: 166
The Michelins look way better than the Pirellis in the pictures. The Pirelli looks like the wrong size tyre has been forced onto the rims. Strangely, both claim to be 235 tread width. Do they actually have the same tread witch when measured? As the Michelin's do not have the same sidewall taper to the tread would make be think that the Michelin's will actually have a wider tread.... but perhaps the contact patch is only 235....

The Michelins look way better than the Pirellis in the pictures. The Pirelli looks like the wrong size tyre has been forced onto the rims. Strangely, both claim to be 235 tread width. Do they actually have the same tread witch when measured? As the Michelin's do not have the same sidewall taper to the tread would make be think that the Michelin's will actually have a wider tread.... but perhaps the contact patch is only 235....
Discussed in this (width comparison at 4:48)

Both are the same 235/35/20.
From what I’ve read, the contact patch and width of the michelin is more like a 245 than 235? I think it’s 9 as apposed to 8.5 wide? Obviously performance wise the Michelin should be better. However, I’m guessing range may suffer slightly due to more rolling resistance. (Surely one of the reasons Tesla changed the OE tyre to this in the first place?)
I also prefer the look of the Pirelli’s on the wheel to the Michelin.

I’ve just ordered Conti Sport Contact 7’s, meant to be world class. Google the comparison and see what you think, and less money!

Gone for 255 though all round
Do they do a TO version though? Also, with 255 there will be loads more rolling resistance. Had sport contact 5’s on a merc in the past. Decent tyres but wore faster than the Michelins at the time.

Do they do a TO version though? Also, with 255 there will be loads more rolling resistance. Had sport contact 5’s on a merc in the past. Decent tyres but wore faster than the Michelins at the time.

Definitely not even considered a T0 version or the rolling resistance. I’m fully thinking grip and launch here that’s it! Maximum grip -