Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Piss poor customer service from RPM Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share a recent experience i had with ordering a few products from RPM Tesla. First and foremost, I do not want this to turn into a bashing thread, as i know some of you may have had the opposite experience that i have had. With this thread i would like to just give insight to potential RPM customers before they commit and make a purchase.

Some background:
Early in January i placed an order for a few different pieces of PPF for my new Tesla Model 3. Upon purchasing i received a a confirmation email stating that the handling time is 7-14 days (a tad bit long, but nonetheless no problem). I went ahead and requested a day off work and scheduled a appointment with a PPF installer here in San Diego, a week after the 14 days to give myself some cushion room for shipping.

Issue arising:
Upon the 14th day since my order i had yet to receive any communication or shipping notification from RPM. I called that same afternoon (which was a Friday), to get some clarification on the matter. The representative informed me that it would immediately be shipped out, and i received a email notification stating that a label had been created with USPS.

Unfortunately it did not ship out that Friday as i was informed, and Monday was MLK day, therefore i waited till Tuesday to give them a call and see if it was in fact sent out. I spoke to a representative again that Tuesday, who informed me that it was in fact not sent out as of yet and would be sent out that afternoon. Seeing that San Diego is only a few hours from their location it would be here in 1-2 days and we would be all good.

I check my tracking number on Wednesday, and to my surprise it says the item has still not been sent out. I am pretty frustrated at this point, as it is seeming more likely that the parts will not arrive in time for my appointment and my day off request will be for naught. I call RPM a few times throughout the day and no one answers the line, on my last attempt immediately after a previous attempt, i used my work number (different area code) and to my surprise someone immediately answers. It is plausible that they began ignoring my calls, and in fact they were not busy on the other line. Regardless, i again explain to them that i have been informed multiple times that the item will in fact be shipped out and has yet to be shipped. The representative, "went down into the warehouse and physically saw my package all boxed up and ready to be sent out, and PROMISED me that he will see that it is sent out same day".

I check via tracking again this morning, you can guess it, nothing has been sent out. At this point there is no point to proceeding with my order as it wont arrive in time and i am over getting these false promises. I contact RPM, and speak with a representative named Jake that just states, "ok, sorry" when i am explaining to him what happened and canceling my order. No explanation was given as to why the customer service was completely absent or why false promises were handed out by employees.

Overall:
If you are looking to get products in a timely or orderly fashion i would highly recommend against using this company. I have been a car enthusiast for many years and had never run into such ineptitude when placing a order with such a large company. What once was excitement for working with RPM has now turned into resentment. I truly hope that they can improve their processes and customer service when it comes to fulfilling others' order's as they offer a wide range of great Model 3 products.

Thank you for reading. /end rant

I had a similar experience.

Ordered a screen protector, performance pedals, and a spoiler.

After 10 days of silence, I emailed them and they said that the screen protector and spoiler were ready for pickup, but the pedals were not. They would have just held onto everything if I hadn't said I would pick up those two items and wait for the pedals. Three weeks after my initial purchase date, still no word on the pedals, so I just canceled and bought the exact same ones on amazon for cheaper.

Actually, I broke my screen protector (my fault) and ordered another one on amazon for half the price. It came in the exact same packaging (different branding). I'm pretty sure all of their product comes from the same chinese factories as the Amazon sellers and they rebrand and mark it up.

i'm still waiting for my order that was placed on 12/31 to be fulfilled. i don't want to get a refund due to that the purchase was made with a gift card and i have no use for the gift card if i cancel my order so i'm just going to have to wait.

Actually does anyone have any experience using them to get a PPF/ceramic coating?

They did my chrome delete (can't believe I paid that fee).

Had to go back because it was already peeling in several places within a couple weeks. Watched "someone" scratch up my paint as he worked the emblem in the parking lot.

Returned again to fix other things and noticed they put a couple dime sized dents next to the side markers (I have the receipts and pictures to show I had another professional fix the dents).

Less than a year later, more peeling at several places.

Thanks for the warnings everyone !! I was tempted to order the rear window protectors, but now I think I'll hold off .....
thats one thing i ordered and would of been nice if they shipped it out promptly. haven't seen anywhere else that sells this.

i emailed them the night before yesterday and they replied to me stating that they should have my order ready to ship next week. later that day, i received an email that my order shipped. tracked package and it should arrive by monday.

customer service seems to be pretty good with response. don't know about the shipping times though. maybe affected by the holidays but website stated 7-14 days and its been 24 days.

if you don't mind waiting for it, i say give them a try

UPDATE:

Manger of RPM reached out and apologized for bad service. Sent me the order overnight and threw in some valve stem caps.
Interesting that this only occurs after you publicly posted about their bad service. Coincidence? I doubt it. Especially after you gave them so many other opportunities to provide you with good customer service, which they chose not to do.

Selective customer service? No thanks. Too many other good vendors out there.

Thanks for the heads up about this company, gents... I'm currently shopping for a few things for my baby, and will cross RPM Tesla off the vendor list.

I avoid them after not receiving any updates about a spoiler I ordered 8 months ago (finally got it a month later, good quality,) I haven't ordered anything else from them since. There were 3 delivery estimates listed on their site, 5-7 days, 7-14 days and 7-21 which was all confusing in itself. I wasn't in a rush so I waited the 21 before contacting them. Was told it would be on its way. I'm a patient man but 30 days later and still nothing. As soon as I posted a bad review on their Facebook, low and behold my package was shipped and they asked me to remove my rating.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
I’ve spent quite a bit of money with them in the past year and customer service has gone down the toilet in the last few months. I will never order from them again if i can avoid it (and find what I’m looking for elsewhere). Was told my item would be 2-3 weeks. After 3 weeks I contacted them and received a poor quality email just stating that “the order will be shipped in 2-3 weeks”. I contacted them again highlighting that it’s already been 2-3 weeks which was clearly stated when ordering. They sent a confusing response stating “our online system states all orders within 2-3 weeks”. I responded again with all the details and informed them I was very surprised by the lack of customer service and accurate details to a response and that I would share these feelings with several forums for others to beware. The item shipped the next day however I have had no response whatsoever from them since then.

Thanks for the warnings everyone !! I was tempted to order the rear window protectors, but now I think I'll hold off .....

I made the mistake of ordering their rear window protectors. The pattern was not cut all the way through the material, so they were damaged when I pealed them off the backing paper and away from the excess material. There is definitely something wrong with their pattern cutter.

The adhesive was pulled away from the leading edges, and they look like ass.

I emailed them last week with pics, and no response so far.

2020-01-24 11.09.42.jpg
2020-01-24 11.10.54.jpg

I made the mistake of ordering their rear window protectors. The pattern was not cut all the way through the material, so they were damaged when I pealed them off the backing paper and away from the excess material. There is definitely something wrong with their pattern cutter.

Oh man - sorry to see that happened. I hope RPM Tesla responds back to you and makes it right. That's both frustrating and disappointing ...