Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Placed an order for the model X Plaid tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife has the 2020 model Y performance and I picked up the 2022 model S plaid about a month ago now. After driving my S she decided she wanted the model X plaid so we placed the order tonight. Looks like we could be waiting until October but who knows how long it could really take. We are both excited.

Attachments

• 0142691A-9A76-434E-B454-D56557CED30C.png
    0142691A-9A76-434E-B454-D56557CED30C.png
    740.4 KB · Views: 310
My wife has the 2020 model Y performance and I picked up the 2022 model S plaid about a month ago now. After driving my S she decided she wanted the model X plaid so we placed the order tonight. Looks like we could be waiting until October but who knows how long it could really take. We are both excited.
We ordered an X Plaid in September with a delivery date of July. Just checked the app this morning and delivery was updated to March 26-April 16. Kind of nice for Elon to under-promise and over-deliver! Still waiting for my Cybertruck from November of '19 and Starlink from last Feb. Nice change to see a delivery date moved up!

Reactions: macmovieman
We ordered an X Plaid in September with a delivery date of July. Just checked the app this morning and delivery was updated to March 26-April 16. Kind of nice for Elon to under-promise and over-deliver! Still waiting for my Cybertruck from November of '19 and Starlink from last Feb. Nice change to see a delivery date moved up!
Congratulations and I’m curious if you ordered FSD? I’m thinking of adding it if I can get my model X Plaid sooner.

Placed my order for a base (no upgrades) MXPlaid a few days ago, completed all delivery steps immediately after placing order. Within a few days my EDD changed from Oct and now says Aug-Oct. Wonder if it’s realistic to expect an earlier delivery?

Placed my order for a base (no upgrades) MXPlaid a few days ago, completed all delivery steps immediately after placing order. Within a few days my EDD changed from Oct and now says Aug-Oct. Wonder if it’s realistic to expect an earlier delivery?
My experience has been until you have a VIN and pickup window you do not have a real date. My F-150 Lightning just got pushed 9 more months into late 2023/2024.

Welcome to the Plaid X family - I too was going back and forth on the S vs X Plaid issue and so glad I went X... years of enjoyment...

It’s such a great vehicle and can’t wait to start creating memories. Our bikes, we want an Airstream. Love the captains chairs for friends and family so not everyone is fighting for the front seat.
On day one, we christened the car, sitting in the captain's chairs enjoying a martini... Not driving, of course... just enjoying the awesome view of the Pacific Ocean through the expansive windshield...

Reactions: Prairie and jboy210
On day one, we christened the car, sitting in the captain's chairs enjoying a martini... Not driving, of course... just enjoying the awesome view of the Pacific Ocean through the expansive windshield...
You all are my people! Where have you been all this while? 😂

I took delivery of the Model S LR mid March. Love how beautiful the car is! Have been waiting almost a year for it. But a few hundred miles in, realize that I love my current Y so much because of its height and drive and the looks. So for my second car, instead of the S, should get the X. So my X Plaid that I booked last year, is being delivered within this week. So excited!

But also, having serious FOMO on letting the S go! Maybe I want all 3! The Y, the S and the X. As a single guy with no kids, it’s crazy to have 3 cars! Any advice? :)

You all are my people! Where have you been all this while? 😂

I took delivery of the Model S LR mid March. Love how beautiful the car is! Have been waiting almost a year for it. But a few hundred miles in, realize that I love my current Y so much because of its height and drive and the looks. So for my second car, instead of the S, should get the X. So my X Plaid that I booked last year, is being delivered within this week. So excited!

But also, having serious FOMO on letting the S go! Maybe I want all 3! The Y, the S and the X. As a single guy with no kids, it’s crazy to have 3 cars! Any advice? :)
Welcome to my 3 car world... XP, 3P, and Ioniq5 LTD - no kids, no wife, loving it all...

• Love
Reactions: allaboutEV