Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid air suspension drops front when exiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, assuming this is not normal but every time I leave the vehicle and it locks the front lowers. I've tried different settings but it still does this. When I get it to drive as soon as I hit the brakes it raises the front up again. Its not a leak per say since it drops the front down with in a few seconds after it locks. Am I alone with this condition or is there away not to have the suspension move when its turns on and off again?

Hi guys, assuming this is not normal but every time I leave the vehicle and it locks the front lowers. I've tried different settings but it still does this. When I get it to drive as soon as I hit the brakes it raises the front up again. Its not a leak per say since it drops the front down with in a few seconds after it locks. Am I alone with this condition or is there away not to have the suspension move when its turns on and off again?

Are you parking on a slight slope?

The suspension does self level when parked. On my sloped driveway I’ve noticed this behavior, but it’s not a universal thing. Since the front is higher than the rear, the front lowers.

My 2013 Model S has done this since I first got it. Onlookers have warned me that my car lowered onto the parking bumper. You do have to be careful to let it raise before backing out so you don't rip your bumper guard off.

Mine does exactly the same. Level ground or not.
I default my car to low, so not sure if that's a factor

Yup that is what causes it, if you leave in med height it will stay up. So damn odd, who the hell wants it to lower after you park, especially just the front. Stupid if you ask me.
Looks better lower when parked? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Although Im sure there's a mechanical reason for it.
Doesn't bother me. I also like the idea that if I do park over a parking block it will raise up and not scratch the undernose.