Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Drag Racing - Not such a great night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are y’all driving around the box or thru it? I’m used to driving around in awd but dragtimes always does his little pull thru it. Going to Pueblo on fri night for some actual 1/4mi in the LR
Head's-up, as far as I know the drag strip is closed for the season due to the surface being trash. I just checked the website and there are 0 events scheduled there.

Head's-up, as far as I know the drag strip is closed for the season due to the surface being trash. I just checked the website and there are 0 events scheduled there.
Yeah they got it fixed thankfully

Attachments

• IMG_2120.png
    IMG_2120.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
My 3 best passes of the night, all in the 10.6s and yes you can trap 130mph in a LR in Pueblo. No launch control used at all no weight reduction. Honestly still mind blown it was this quick. With the passenger seat out and the rear seats out I’m betting I can get this into the 10.2-10.3 range. I’m 190lbs I’ve got some video that I’ll be throwing together
IMG_2139.jpeg

Last edited:
My 3 best passes of the night, all in the 10.6s and yes you can trap 130mph in a LR in Pueblo. No launch control used at all no weight reduction. Honestly still mind blown it was this quick. With the passenger seat out and the rear seats out I’m betting I can get this into the 10.2-10.3 range. I’m 190lbs I’ve got some video that I’ll be throwing together

Yeah, 10.5 is possible if you can remove the seats. Not going to say a 10.2 or 10.3 is possible, but definitely into the 10.5x

I def think pulling 100-200lbs of interior out of the car should net me a couple 10ths if I can get a 10.61 with nothing removed.
The ancient generic way we looked at it was that 100 pounds = .1 but EVs are a different monster, so that assumption no longer applies.

200 pounds may get you .2 - .3 if the car was running 11.xx but the faster you are, the harder it is to get that .1 additional reduction.

And remember this is talking about consistent numbers, not a one-off.

Reactions: cptnslo
The ancient generic way we looked at it was that 100 pounds = .1 but EVs are a different monster, so that assumption no longer applies.

200 pounds may get you .2 - .3 if the car was running 11.xx but the faster you are, the harder it is to get that .1 additional reduction.

And remember this is talking about consistent numbers, not a one-off.
So I saw Wallace racing but it’s not very accurate at all. Do you know of another way to back calculate a rough 0-60 based on 60’ and some other metric? I didn’t have a draggy but I would figure I’d be below the rated 3.1 but wasn’t sure. Even taking into account a few 10ths. Problem is the power curve for this calculator it’s basing off 1/8th mph and time. Anything around a 2.5 would still be stupidly fast and way under ratings from Tesla and this is showing a 2.2
IMG_2145.png

Last edited:
So I saw Wallace racing but it’s not very accurate at all. Do you know of another way to back calculate a rough 0-60 based on 60’ and some other metric? I didn’t have a draggy but I would figure I’d be below the rated 3.1 but wasn’t sure. Even taking into account a few 10ths. Problem is the power curve for this calculator it’s basing off 1/8th mph and time. Anything around a 2.5 would still be stupidly fast and way under ratings from Tesla and this is showing a 2.2View attachment 1054756
This goes back to the EV being a different animal. Almost all of the calculators and estimates went out the window with the power delivery dynamics that Teslas have

Reactions: cptnslo
EVs won’t defy physics. I believe the issue is the computer cutting power. A gutted plaid only running a few tenths faster than stock doesn’t make sense even accounting for its power curve versus ICE. Once we get more hacking of the ecu i expect to see low 8sec plaids

Miguel with the plaid records is down to 8.60 1/4 times, and he's even had to install microcontrollers on the motors to manipulate the signal a little bit just to get down that low. iirc, he's pulled 700 pounds off the car, there's effectively nothing left under the sheet metal...and he's only seeing six tenths gain.

I think Teslas are kinda stuck where they are, until Tesla unlocks more capabilities for tuning, if they do. I also think the big tuning opportunities will start with Dodge Chevy and Ford when they all-in on EV sports cars.