Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid I feel everything

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am running 19 inch PZero Pirelli electric stoc my wheels and tires on my plaid. I used to have 2016 85d with 21 inch ps4. I am so confused I would have thought my plaid would be a smoother ride than my 2016 but I feel everything it’s not a luxury cruiser it’s like a sports car. Is there anyway to smooth it out? Any time the road is not super paved well you feel everything. How is the drive quality of your plaid and is it markedly different From your last car? Is it my tires? Is it my wheels?

Curious on thoughts

Here is my take aways so far on rough roads you will feel every bit of it and maybe that’s by design cause they wanted this track drag car feel on the suspension?

On smooth roads on comfort car drives like a dream. I wished the car drove as smooth on smooth roads as rough roads but I think I can Iive with this. I still don’t quite remember having this anxiety tho but you also spend 100k so maybe some of this is mental. Like I spent 100k this car better be damn near perfect.

You folks with suspension issues how is the car on smooth road cs rough road? I don’t quite understand why some cars show it and some cars don’t. To me it’s more some people notice it more vs some don’t. Cars should be equal feel it’s the same car model and build.

Adaptive suspension doesn’t work, or works the opposite of how you would expect in some cases.

This seems to vary from car to car.

And before you ask, Tesla will not do anything to fix it.

Okay so far my driving and research says these settings work best at least for me:

Medium ride height a must.
(The key to get away from road feel to is to distance self away from road)

Comfort suspension
Sport steering

Attachments

• 550E3D11-6AFC-4821-AE00-C0A73B74F503.jpeg
    550E3D11-6AFC-4821-AE00-C0A73B74F503.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Laddcruzer
Make sure you're on medium ride height - not low. This makes a big difference IMO, but the car will never ride like a BMW or Mercedes. Not sure why the German cars just feel better. Poor ride quality is my #1 complaint about any Tesla I've owned.