Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid plus Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Motor Trend, when they reviewed the Model S Plaid, asked "where's the plaid." The comment was made in jest, but I thought why not some plaid in the interior? So among the mods I made was to put plaid ribbon in the interior.

Other mods I made included Lloyd's carpet mats, but with a plaid logo I had custom made and placed on the carpets myself, a lighted applique and electric frunk from EVOffer, a custom yoke from PimpMyEV, new rotors from Mountain Pass Performance, powder coated red calipers, Unplugged Performance rear camber. toe arms, and sway bar, N2itive lowering links, a rear lighted T, and the OEM rims powder coated in Powder coated in PVD Black Chrome by Union Rim, manually adjusted touch screen to tilt toward the driver. Some photos below. Also here's a video taken at a recent car show.

IMG_1078.jpeg

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1096.jpeg

IMG_1095.jpeg

IMG_1099.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0927.jpeg
    IMG_0927.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Reactions: BonB and ICUDoc
None of this is my taste so I’ll admit I’m perhaps missing the point but I’m puzzled why the plaid stripe on the rear seats doesn’t line up with the door and trim panel.

Along the same lines why is there plaid on the charger pad trim that doesn’t speak to any other design element.

Lastly if going with “plaid should have plaid” why not go with the actual Tesla plaid colors and pattern. The pattern used here looks Burberry-ish. In my mind that doesn’t connect to anything about a Tesla at all.

Motor Trend, when they reviewed the Model S Plaid, asked "where's the plaid." The comment was made in jest, but I thought why not some plaid in the interior? So among the mods I made was to put plaid ribbon in the interior.

Other mods I made included Lloyd's carpet mats, but with a plaid logo I had custom made and placed on the carpets myself, a lighted applique and electric frunk from EVOffer, a custom yoke from PimpMyEV, new rotors from Mountain Pass Performance, powder coated red calipers, Unplugged Performance rear camber. toe arms, and sway bar, N2itive lowering links, a rear lighted T, and the OEM rims powder coated in Powder coated in PVD Black Chrome by Union Rim, manually adjusted touch screen to tilt toward the driver. Some photos below. Also here's a video taken at a recent car show.

View attachment 801187

View attachment 801192

View attachment 801193

View attachment 801194

View attachment 801196

View attachment 801197

View attachment 801198

View attachment 801200
Love the “PLAID” floor mats.